Page 1 of 13 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: August is too damn hot edition.

1. This Month's Haul: August is too damn hot edition.

My Darius Burst CS Limited Edition package arrived much sooner than I'd expected. I thought that it would arrive around the 9th.

The LE box is pretty big.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 04 Aug 2017 at 12:24 AM.

2. Just bought Strikers 1945 for the Switch. That's a weird sentence that I can't believe I had a chance to type!

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    You're welcome. Look at the sender.

4. I got some Amazon gift cards for my birthday, so I decided to continue collecting the Diamond Select PVC statues. After Spidey and Iron Man, I've now added these two:

Attached Images Attached Images

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    You're welcome. Look at the sender.

6. Buybacks is having a 40% off everything sale so I got some cheap movies on Blu (and need to check a couple more locations for games, this one had crap).

$3 each...

Godzilla 2014
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    Army of Darkness
    Evil Dead 2013
    IP Man
    American Hustle

$5 each

Matrix Trilogy
    Amazing Spider-Man 2 (3D)
    Ghostbusters 2016 (I really hate myself)

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    Ghostbusters 2016 (I really hate myself)
    its really not that good.

Fanfiction tier.

Like, Chuck and his kid running around the house screaming they're ghosts and going zap zap zap would probably be a better story.

8. I hauled in what's proven to be a $90 paperweight.

TL;DR version- The turbo everdrive is a hot pile of garbage.

The fact that there is no "Here's what you need to do to get started" documentation is a hot pile of garbage. The fact that you need to google your ass off for a half hour in order to learn that you need to download a special file and put it on your memory card is a hot pile of garbage. The fact that the NONE of the files on Stone Age Gamer is the one you need is a hot pile of garbage. You need to go to the guy that actually builds the thing to get the file. But there's no way you'd know that from the product page or the pathetic business card of tips SAG sends you.
    I can't get it to work on my Duo.
    Is it because of the micro sd card I'm using? Maybe! But there's no way to know for sure.
    Is it because of the third party adapter Keith Courage sent me? Maybe! But there's no way to know for sure.
    Is it because I have a region mod? Maybe! But there's no way to know for sure.
    Is it because I have a component mod? Maybe! But there's no way to know for sure.

I fucked with the thing for 4 hours yesterday. Just about every time I'd try to boot it I'd get a different error message/code. That's why I can't know for sure wtf is going on. A buddy is bringing his unmodded PC engine by sometime in the next week so we can try it on that.
    Really frickin' disappointed though.

yeah, people that think the web has all info on it are full of shit.

Its better than going back to 1989 and having to do with out or buy an expensive book or some shit.

But it is not the batman we asked for.

10. My favorite is when someone starts a thread like "Having issues with X." A couple people may respond with suggestions and OP will respond "I've tried all that; still not working." Then a few weeks/months later the OP will post again "Got it all sorted!" But never state what he did to fix his problem.

My second favorite is when every piece of helpful advice is a broken link or picture.