Thread: Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen, Holy cheeze whiz batman!

1. Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen, Holy cheeze whiz batman!

I recently downloaded both parts of this new OVA from the Kenshin universe and I must say, if your at all a fan of the series, you simply must see these, the animation quality is uber high quality, and the events that take place to finally put a proper ending on Kenshin, whoo nelly, lets just say that you'd better be in a good mood before watching this otherwise you'll be dpressed afterwards. One little comment/spoiler that I will mention:
    Mini-Kenshin! Thats right, Himura has a son and he makes an appearence in this OVA
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

2. i didn't think the ending was that depressing. it ended the series quite nicely and i couldn't think of any other way to do it. and Kenji is pretty cool-lookin. even if you don't see him all that much. the Jine/Kenshin fight was damn awesome with the improved animation though!

3. I knew Mikhal would come in here.

This is on my to get list after Bebop and Lain (which I started today, with only Gundam Wing and 08th MS Team left beforehand).

4. Well, I posted my review of it a while back. It still shoud be around here somewhere.

I really enjoyed Memories, it had the same quality as previous OVA, with good animation, music and dark and more sad story then in the TV series. Even though its not as action packed as first OVA, there are few really nicely animated fights and I also felt the ending while sad, was a good way to end the great story.

Its also very cool to see more romance scenes between Kenshin and Kaoru, and their son Kenji was pretty cool, even though Yahiko(sorry my spelling ), kicked his ass

At the end, its a great addition to any Anime fan library, and hopefully it will be released sometimes soon in US. As for now, there is HK dvd 2 disk set available, and both DVD quality and subs are pretty good.

5. 2 disk set? is it a disk for each episode or something? i'll wait for ADV to release it myself.

6. Yes, Each of OVA episodes on its own disk. I also have both US and HK sets of First OVA, and its the same deal there.

7. uh..were we talking seisouhen or the memory arc here? The 1st OVA has 2 episodes per disk in the US :P

8. Yes, I know, and so do the HK versions of that. I did get them by mistake, thinking it was Memories

9. Rurouni Kenshin had a proper ending.

IN THE MANGA.

Seisouhen is nothing but stupid, self indulgent, more-tragic-than-thou tripe from some stupid director who wishes he was Hideaki Anno.

HATE
    Compare your life to mine and KILL YOURSELF!!!