Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Tempest 4000 (PC, PS4, XBOne)

1. Llamasoft Twitter with Tempest 4000 game play

T4K looks quite similar to TxK, but with different BGM (Tempest 2000 "Mind's Eye") and sound FX. Levels appear to be the same sequence, but with new names. The parodies of Eat Electric Death (Tease Electric Dogs, Eat Rejected Bread, and others) don't seem to be in, but oh well. We're getting this after all.
    Sure looks like Atari has woken up. Hopefully we'll see more collaborations like this.

Day one.

2. The lost music is getting restored to Tempest 4000, and it's the in-game version that would have been used rather than the less-punchy soundtrack versions.

3. oooooh, that jam at :50 fam.

Edit: Fuck it, all of the music after :50

4. Kind of hard to believe how completely off the rails the Tempest 4000 release has gone. For those not following, it was announced as coming out today on the Sony blog, Atari said nothing in terms of promotion or even admitting they know the game exists. People are confused as to why but it gets released this morning. It's available for maybe 2 hours or so before getting pulled, and still not a peep from Atari. It's exciting new levels of amateur hour.

Also, Atari set the price at $30 and instructed Llamasoft to leave out VR support.

5. Yeah, I'll be paying $0 for this.

6. If it is good, I am down for $20. But not sure why the amateur hours today. The more I hear about the current Atari, the worse it gets.

7. I was just thinking about this game yesterday. Had no idea about the debacle today. That Atari would find a way to fuck this up is unsurprising, though.

$30 is steep, but I'd probably play it. VR support would sweeten that deal for me.

8. I'd have bought it today if it was $20, despite knowing I'd be buying it again on PC when that version came out. $30 was priced in the "no double-dipping" range, though. It's the high side of what I'd have paid for a new Tempest, but just barely within range. I don't blame at all anyone waiting for a sale, especially seeing as TxK is $10.

I think Atari knows its in real trouble. Check out this interview Steve had with CEO Fred Chenais and see if you can feel the stress and defensiveness pouring out of every word. It's really bad.
    Last edited by James; 29 Mar 2018 at 12:48 AM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Kind of hard to believe how completely off the rails the Tempest 4000 release has gone. For those not following, it was announced as coming out today on the Sony blog, Atari said nothing in terms of promotion or even admitting they know the game exists. People are confused as to why but it gets released this morning. It's available for maybe 2 hours or so before getting pulled, and still not a peep from Atari. It's exciting new levels of amateur hour.

Also, Atari set the price at $30 and instructed Llamasoft to leave out VR support.
    Someone on Steam's forum did say this:
    Quote Originally Posted by PVBuk, Steam T4000 forum
    There’s no one system exclusivity.
    Atari wanted all three system 2D versions released at the same time.
    Some VR version updates may come in the future, depending on the 2D version sales and if Atari want it.
    Just because Xbox One doesn't have VR, they demand it stripped from the PS4 version? Very lame.
    Its being pulled from the PS Store makes no sense. It was supposed to be released on the 28th, right? Why the delay?
    I checked just now & it's still not there. The Steam page is up but says "not yet available". Kudos, Atari.
    Good developer, bad publisher.

I'm still with it for $30, especially after enjoying TxK on PSVita & 2000 on Jag. PS4 first, then I'm waiting to see the PC one go on sale. Might be better for them to drop the price to $20 quickly- not everyone will pay $30.

10. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'd have bought it today if it was $20, despite knowing I'd be buying it again on PC when that version came out. $30 was priced in the "no double-dipping" range, though. It's the high side of what I'd have paid for a new Tempest, but just barely within range. I don't blame at all anyone waiting for a sale, especially seeing as TxK is $10.

I think Atari knows its in real trouble. Check out this interview Steve had with CEO Fred Chenais and see if you can feel the stress and defensiveness pouring out of every word. It's really bad.
    It's so bizarre to hear him constantly say "we" in reference to shit Atari did decades ago as if it's actually the same company. Like "Oh yeah, we worked with Jeff before." No you didn't.