Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Tempest 4000 (PC, PS4, XBOne)

1. Tempest 4000 (PC, PS4, XBOne)

In something of a shocking move, Jeff Minter has united with the shambling corpse of Atari, who had TxK yanked from digital shelves for its similarity to Tempest 2000.

From the sounds of it, this is still a version of TxK, but with the benefit of additional polish, processing power, and funding, as well as access to the classic license and soundtrack.

Happy to see some kind of resolution to this situation, especially one that results in a better game in the end.

2. He really just wanted the game out there, rather than trapped in an unintended Vita exclusivity. Once they finally got past the lawyers Llamasoft and Atari were able to make some progress.

I wonder how Shambling Beast Wearing Atari's Skin will feel with a game that actually gets good reviews.

From the videos online, Minter's Polybius looks like it has too much going on to really be able to discern what the player is actually doing. I hope some restraint is exercised for this upcoming game.

4. Space Giraffe was too much sensory overload, and I didn't like the ramming mechanics. TxK just didn't grab me like T2k, even though they are largely similar.

5. Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    From the videos online, Minter's Polybius looks like it has too much going on to really be able to discern what the player is actually doing.
    Have you played a Llamasoft game before?

6. Yeah but TxK isn't that way. And a few others. Some of his games are straight up stupid.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Space Giraffe was too much sensory overload, and I didn't like the ramming mechanics. TxK just didn't grab me like T2k, even though they are largely similar.
    Did you play it or fuck it? Lol.

Sorry, I have a dirty mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Have you played a Llamasoft game before?
    I bought a Nuon so that I could play Tempest 3000.

9. Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    I bought a Nuon so that I could play Tempest 3000.
    This game?
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Yeah that one, a low res screen that isn't really indicative of normal gameplay.