Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Tempest 4000 (PC, PS4, XBOne)

1. Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    I bought a Nuon so that I could play Tempest 3000.
    That's pretty awesome! How much and how long ago?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Yeah that one, a low res screen that isn't really indicative of normal gameplay.
    Look, I've played the game, it's great, but it was known for having a lot of particle effects and motion blur exploding all over the screen that made it a little hard to see until you got used to it. Vomiting trippy effects on the player is sort of Minter's MO.

3. Yeah but there are varying degrees. I find TxK highly playable, and I'm far from alone seeing the difference between it and a game like Polybius.

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    That's pretty awesome! How much and how long ago?
    This would have been more than ten years ago, hell at that point I was still living with my parents and did it on the premise that they wanted a new DVD player for the main TV. I know I still have the game and the controller around somewhere. I think the player is somewhere too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    This game?
    You are better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    I bought a Nuon so that I could play Tempest 3000.
    Ditto.

I wound up selling mine to Kbu Chan, so it probably has such a complex from Nintendo bias now that it won't turn on.

7. I have 2 Nuon. My original Extiva and a Toshiba I bought cheap a few years ago for the store. Still on the lookout for a cheap N501. But won't cry if I never find one.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I have 2 Nuon. My original Extiva and a Toshiba I bought cheap a few years ago for the store. Still on the lookout for a cheap N501. But won't cry if I never find one.
    You brought them to Philly Classic or VGXpo one year, right?

9. I've never been to a video game con, nerd.

(though of course I used to want to go to one, never had time. Now I couldn't care less.)+

10. Oh, I think it was K3V, I remember now. My old man brain works less every day.