Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3242444546474850 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Season

1. I love how the patriots is turning the entire nation into Eagles fan for 1 day.

2. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Way to go dumbass, you jinxed them! You stayed away all season while they did well and now you show up right before the big one. Idiot.
    Yep. You will never live this down, the sports gods are on your ass

3. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    You want Foles to get a ring instead of Brady making history? No way.

Maybe Brady retires if he gets 2 back-to-back, like Elway. He wouldn't be able to top that.

Sorry Melf, but I can't stand Tom Brady. I'd like to see him carted off the field Joe Theisman style.

I was rooting for McNabb and TO the last time the two squared off in the Super Bowl, and I don't like TO.
    Last edited by gamevet; 22 Jan 2018 at 08:51 PM.

4. Yesterday was the best day of eagle's fans' lives. For me, it was Tuesday.

5. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Sorry Melf, but I can't stand Tom Brady. I'd like to see him carted off the field Joe Theisman style.

I was rooting for McNabb and TO the last time the two squared off in the Super Bowl, and I don't like TO.
    You're about to be disappointed twice.

6. So this game is so lopsidedly favoring the Patriots in everybody's opinions etc that I'm reminded of the almost perfect season. When they lost. So I'm tempted to put some money on the Eagles. Much.

7. I felt that Jacksonville was the team of the three to give them the most fits. Teams that can get to the QB with 4 are good against anyone, but especially Brady. The reason why the Eagles might have a good shot is that the Eagles have many good players on offense (Bortles did have a good game, though). Their defense is not quite as strong doing what Jacksonville can do, but if Foles has a good game (and that is a reasonable scenario), they can win.

8. I support the Pats no matter what, but I'm not about to say it's a given, no way. I still cringe when I think of that perfect season that was one play from history. When Brady's hoisting the trophy into the air, then I'll breathe easy.

For the Eagles to win, good Foles has to show up. If regular Foles plays, then they have no chance. If he plays like he did last week, it will be a great game to watch.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I felt that Jacksonville was the team of the three to give them the most fits. Teams that can get to the QB with 4 are good against anyone, but especially Brady. The reason why the Eagles might have a good shot is that the Eagles have many good players on offense (Bortles did have a good game, though). Their defense is not quite as strong doing what Jacksonville can do, but if Foles has a good game (and that is a reasonable scenario), they can win.
    I disagree!

Philly has a better secondary and a defensive front that is at the top of the league. They will give Brady and company fits.

I agree that a bad Foles would not be good, but I do believe that he just has to have a decent game and their running game has to be formidable for them to win. Their offense just needs to stay aggressive and not try to kill the clock in the 2nd half, should they have a lead.
    Last edited by gamevet; 23 Jan 2018 at 10:28 PM.

10. Hoping for baffling play-calling and clock management to facilitate an unlikely Patriots comeback in the fourth as per usual and the Philadelphia Eagles are as likely a franchise as any to commit either or both.