Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 122224252627283040 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Season

1. The shit that Goofdell is requesting for his contract is a shit show too.

When was the last time you saw a commissioner getting constantly booed by fans whenever he was introduced? The fans hate him, several GMs hate him, yet the rest of the GMs are still interested in giving that clown an extension.

2. Uh, any time Gary Bettman gets introduced he gets booed. Or were you just referring to NFL comms?

3. I don't pay attention to the NHL enough to know about him. The only other one I can think of is Stern. NBA fans hated him.

I was watching the college game day show on ESPN while I was at sports clips. There was a sign in the crowd with Fire Goodell written on it.

4. so basically everyone hates commissioners after a few years

5. Pretty much

6. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    so basically everyone hates commissioners after a few years
    Pete Rozelle was a well respected commissioner. Paul Tagliabue was a well respected commissioner too. Tagliabue was asked to overlook the Bounty Gate ruling by Goodell, and though he said that he agreed with Goodell's findings, he overturned the suspension of the players.

Goofdell gets too much credit for how much money the league now earns. Jerry Jones is the reason why the NFL earns the revenue that it does, and why the sport is more popular than it has ever been. Jerry sued the NFL when they tried to use the revenue sharing deal as a reason why he couldn't make local/national sponsorship of his team and support local companies. Jerry won, and he used his team's success as an advertising revenue earner, paired with the likes of AT&T, Miller Lite, Pepsi, GM, Pappa John's and many local businesses to generate a high visibility with his team, every time they were being advertised on the local television stations promoting those products. That's why you didn't see the Dallas Cowboys on those Budweiser NFL cans, because Jerry's Cowboys are sponsored by Miller Lite.

https://www.forbes.com/teams/dallas-cowboys/
    Last edited by gamevet; 18 Nov 2017 at 10:05 PM.

7. Packers offense is heinous. Time to try the 3rd string QB.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

8. The NFL kinda sucks this year.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

9. I'm pretty sure it does suck for you Mog. 2015 was like that for me when Romo broke his collar bone.

The Vikings are really good.

10. The Jags haven't won 7+ games since 2010. The last time they had a winning record was 2007 and that was a really good team that lost to the Pats in the playoffs.