Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 132325262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Season

1. Jerry opens the roof on the Death Star for the 1st time this season.

2. The Dak a sack is about to begin. This game got ugly really fast.

*Edit* The Cowboys are destined for the Toilet Bowl!
    Last edited by gamevet; 20 Nov 2017 at 12:51 AM.

3. Where’s that shithead with all the Fly Eagles fly garbage this year anyways? Nows the time Dude. Nows the time.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. 2017 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Where’s that shithead with all the Fly Eagles fly garbage this year anyways? Nows the time Dude. Nows the time.
    Same with how Yoshi disappeared last year.

I don’t think Jason Garrett is a very good head coach. I know not every team can have Bill Belichick but he would have 7-8 wins with this team as is. Even without Zeke they have no business shitting the bed 2x in a row.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 19 Nov 2017 at 11:50 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Where’s that shithead with all the Fly Eagles fly garbage this year anyways? Nows the time Dude. Nows the time.
    He disappeared, along with Brettmatic. I'm still bewildered by Brettmatic's defense of the Redskins choice for a running back last year. He had all kinds of praise for the dude, yet he isn't even on their roster this year. He was a draft bust.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Same with how Yoshi disappeared last year.

I don’t think Jason Garrett is a very good head coach. I know not every team can have Bill Belichick but he would have 7-8 wins with this team as is. Even without Zeke they have no business shitting the bed 2x in a row.
    The absence of Tyron Smith and Sean Lee are a big factor in how well the Cowboys have performed on offense and defense. I put the blame on Scott Linehan for not making adjustments to the offense to make up for the lack of protection on the left side of the line without Smith. The running game was still good, but when it came time to having the offense forced into passing, he didn't adjust the pass plays to make up for the short time Dak had in the pocket.

7. 2017 NFL Season

I know it’s hard without your best players especially line players but isn’t that the sort of problem Garrett is paid $6M to solve? I don’t blame them for losing to the Eagles but this team has way too much talent even without Lee and Smith to put those performances out there. It’s like they have one plan and if every one is healthy and shows up it’s fine and they go 13-3. If not, fuck it here’s a 7-9 season. They did the same shit when Romo got hurt a couple of years ago. The Redskins are beat to shit but they are at least showing up.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 20 Nov 2017 at 11:20 AM.

8. Garrett doesn't have the luxury of picking who plays behind their starters. GM Jerry brought in a couple of defensive players with suspect character issues and once those 2 clowns got suspended indefinitely, that left a spot open at linebacker and defensive end that now doesn't have a ton of depth. That lack of depth rears its ugly head during the second half of most games, when you start to see the tired linebackers bouncing off running backs instead of wrapping them up. The linebacker core is also decimated with the loss of Heath and Hitchens, so there aren't a lot of players they can rotate in to keep fresh legs on the field and the players that were key to that position are either injured (Lee), or suspended indefinitely.

Garrett doesn't call the offense and hasn't done so in years. He's pretty much a team manager, while it's the responsibilities of Linehan and Marinelli to make the calls and prepare their units for gameday. He's not hands on like a Parcells or Belichick. And Belichick is the GM of the Pats, so he is 100% responsible for his team personnel and who is on his coaching staff making the calls.
    Last edited by gamevet; 20 Nov 2017 at 03:20 PM.

9. 2017 NFL Season

No team is perfect. Every team loses guys and makes bad signings. The good ones figure it out. Think of the Pats D in the beginning of the year.

Cowboys can’t figure it out. The Falcons game is a perfect example, could you see Belichick sitting there while Brady gets sacked six times by a mediocre player?

10. They didn't figure it out when the Chefs were blowing them off the field, and I seem to recall Brady was still playing in the 4th quarter of that game. Look at the Chefs now. They've lost 4 of their last 5 games, which is unheard of for an Andy Reid team. Let's not kid ourselves here. The AFC has a lot of crappy teams and in head to head matchups this season, the NFC teams have totally dominated them. The Pats are playing in a cupcake division within a weaker conference; they haven't really had much of a challenge.

Atlanta and Philly ran the ball all over Dallas in the 2nd half of those games, and both netted the same results. A lot of yards on the ground and the Dallas offense sitting on the sidelines watching.
    Last edited by gamevet; 20 Nov 2017 at 03:56 PM.