Page 1 of 12 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Small-Press Games

1. Small-Press Games

It would probably help the Wonderboy thread if we peeled the conversation that's got nothing to to with Wonder Boy out of there.

I like having physical copies of games I'd want to own on my shelf. It's why I have shelves- to hold things worth keeping. Limited Run Games and the other publishers may be a scalper's dream but it wouldn't work if people didn't want them in the first place.

2. I don't have that much more shelf space

3. I agree with James. I hate paying for digital games when I know there might be even a slight chance that it's released physically someday. I'm not even touching Sonic Mania right now, because I just know a physical edition is coming.

Then there are the inevitable double dips. I'm absolutely going to support Axiom Verge by buying a physical copy of that...probably on the Switch, just because it would be cool to play in handheld mode.

4. Depends on the game, I bought both digital and physical for Rez Infinite because Rez.

5. In before Yoshi's age of extinction picture...
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

It's the thought that counts.

7. I like that the PS4 is region free. There's no way I was going to pay for a digital copy of Darius Burst CS, and the Limited Run copy was already gone. So, I went ahead and purchased a physical copy from Japan.

8. I've always been willing to hand my cash to smaller run titles. Hey Ninja-50 looks neat and barely a bleep on the radar let's try that. While I've picked up virtually every AAA 360/PS3 title I care to out of Craigslist and Pawns I'm glad I handed Xseed full retail for Retro Game Challenge and Fishing Resort years back. And the entire model doesn't have to come down to scalper grumbling. Plenty of PS4 indie titles have seen small runs on Amazon, Iam8bit, etc. Velocity 2x Vita just went up on BB. Chances are it's limited press game given the market and even though it's readily available to download damn right I'm supporting a physical release.

9. Ys Origin is a pre-order with a 24-hour window for the standard edition. Collector's is still 3,000 units, order fast if you want, but for those just wanting a copy of the game without having to fight for it this is great news.

10. That's already better. If only they would print a couple thousand more of these CEs each time, we'd be in business.