Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Post Your Setup

1. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Here's my game room. Pardon that it's a bit dusty.
    Yeah, it looks like a really organized mess. ;P

I like your setup!

2. Here's my little room of fun.

Here's my PC setup. The computer on the left is my gaming PC with an i7-4790k@4.7Ghz and an EVGA GTX 1080 Classified. The display is a 24" LG 1080p LCD. I'm going to replace it with a larger 1440p monitor soon. The computer on the right has my old Q9650 3Ghz quad core from my 1st PC build. I replaced the Pentium E6300 (2.83Ghz dual core) with the quad core and put my old GTX 460 in there. I use that PC for work documents and older PC games. The boom box on the top has a 2.1 surround (there's a sub-woofer inside) that I have my PC connected to when I'm not using the surround sound headphones.

This my shelf of random stuff. It has my issues of Retro Gamer Magazines, along with my Genesis consoles in a bin. There's also a Side Winder controller for flight games and stuff like Afterburner on MAME.

These 2 shelves have old gaming magazines like EGM, Nintendo Power, Next-Gen and Gamefan. There's also a couple of shelves with strategy guides. I have about 60 Genesis titles on the top left and about a dozen boxed 32X games hidden below.

Here are my gaming CRTs. The one on the left is a 27" Sony Wega SD set, while the one on the right is my 32" Sony Wega HD-CRT. I have a 2.1 sound setup below.

Here are the consoles below the larger television.

I have small shelf built into the television stand on the left. I have most of my original Xbox games stored there.

The top shelf has my boxed PC games (2 rows). The shelf below has my hard-bound strategy guides and a few gaming history books. The 3rd shelf has random games, most of my 360 games and a CD bin with random Playstation and import Saturn games. The bottom 2 shelves have old gaming magazines like PSM, Gamer's Republic and EGM2. The PC case on the right is empty for now. I'm thinking about putting my Pentium G3258 in there with my old GTX 670 and replacing the HP Pavilion under the desk with it.

This book shelf has my PS2, GameCube, PlayStation (big box) and Saturn games. There are a few stacks of N64 and Atari 2600 games on their as well.

I have my PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 Elite and a gaming PC in the livingroom. The display is a 52" Samsung with 120hz Motion Plus. The audio is DTS Surround 5.1.

Here's the gaming PC tucked away in the corner. It has my old EVGA GTX 780 Classified, paired with an i5-2500k@4.8Ghz.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 20 Aug 2017 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Thanks! I'm still working on it, trying to get more wall space. The Wega is 27'' and takes up SO much space, but my Genesis looks so good on it in s-video. I really need to sort out the whole Framemeister/LED TV deal for my older consoles so I can free up some room.
    No you don't! A FM is great for playing on the big screen, but Genny on the Wega is still better. You won't notice it at first, but a few months later you go to a friend's house that is still rocking a CRT, pop in Contra and you'll realize it feels different.

4. I like that Melf's Nintendo consoles are in body bags.

5. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    No you don't! A FM is great for playing on the big screen, but Genny on the Wega is still better. You won't notice it at first, but a few months later you go to a friend's house that is still rocking a CRT, pop in Contra and you'll realize it feels different.
    But is the difference enough to justify the space? That Wega is YUUUUUGGEEE, and it's kind of pain. I do love the image, though... Ugh. First world problems...

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I like that Melf's Nintendo consoles are in body bags.
    The Sega ones have them too, and they're all personalized! I got them off a seller on eBay who hand-makes them. Great quality and they fit perfectly, though you have to disconnect the cables to put them on. At least it keeps them clean.