Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Certain Magical Virtual On (PS4/Vita, late 2018)

1. A Certain Magical Virtual On (PS4/Vita, late 2018)

Don't think this has been posted about on TNL yet, but there's a new Virtual On coming that was announced a few months back. It's a crossover with a light novel series called A Certain Magical Index, so it's Virtual On with anime characters, but I'll take it idgaf.
    Original announcement:
    Sega has announced a A Certain Magical Virtual-On for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, a crossover between Dengeki Bunko’s A Certain Magical Index light novel series and Sega’s Cyber Troopers Virtual-On action game series stemming from a crossover light novel published in May 2016. It is a high-speed battle action game with online support due out in Japan in 2018.

A Certain Magical Virtual-On is set in the world of A Certain Magical Index, in which Cyber Troopers Virtual-On appears as a “sport.” Stemming from the people piloting Virtuaroids mechas and participating in this sport was a sudden development leading to a world crisis that will eventually be made clear. The game is being written by A Certain Magical Index author Kazuma Kamachi, and Virtual-On series character designer Hajime Katoki is in charge of illustrations.
    Some details from June:
    • For the rules, we’re thinking of a framework based on points, so we’re constructing a way of putting together regulations and actions to go along with them.
    • You gain points by stealing downs, and the outcome is determined by the number of points you have.
    • Since each Index character has a special ability, the idea is to choose and combine them with compatible Virtuaroids.
    And finally, new details today show some screens and characters, and say that VRs have a fourth weapon dependent on the pilot (awesome).

Wat

3. This sounds "dumb".
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Wat
    this

5. Fine, whatever, I'll take it.

6. Yeah, basically. I mean, the anime stuff isn't preferable but it'll probably be as prominent as something like Senkou no Ronde, and all the details (like the knockdown-based scoring) sound good. The mech designs and the arena look nice and given the size I'm guessing movement speed is pretty fast (even if the game is 2v2). I couldn't care less about the visual novel but this looks like a good Virtual On game so far?
    Last edited by Tain; 22 Aug 2017 at 01:10 PM.

7. As long as it has a versus mode, the story is irrelevant anyway.

8. As soon as the game starts? Yeah that is as Virtual On as I could possibly hope.

Gameplay looks good. Please come out on PC so someone can mod out the anime 12 year olds.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post

As soon as the game starts? Yeah that is as Virtual On as I could possibly hope.
    God fucking dammit Sega. Why must you ruin something with this anime bubbly shit....
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL