Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Manual labor movies? (halp me pls)

1. Office Space for institutionalized revolution, Primer for self-employed destruction. Texas Chain Saw Massacre is about butchers?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. They Live

3. Would Kurosawa's The Lower Depths or The Bicycle Thief fit your themes?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Antz

5. This is an odd request, but I like it!

If you're game for documentaries, Michael Glawoggers films Whores Glory and Workingmans Death are pretty great (but dark as fuck)

6. Time Bandits
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

7. Manual labor movies? (halp me pls)

Great thread. I can think of three examples not yet mentioned off the top of my head:

Django Unchained
    Enemy Mine
    No Escape (the Ray Liotta sci-fi original, not the recent film with Lake Bell and Owen Wilson)

In both Django Unchained and Enemy Mine, the protagonist is captured and sent to work in a mine at the end of the second act, which sets up the conflict in their respective third acts. (And please, if for some reason you haven't seen Enemy Mine, go do it now.)

In No Escape, Ray Liotta is a soldier who kills his CO and gets shipped to a prison island to do manual labor.
    Last edited by sleeve; 24 Aug 2017 at 08:26 PM.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

8. The Descent? I'm reaching.

Good call on all those sleeve.

10. Gattaca.

The Matrix?
    Boo, Hiss.