Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Secret of Mana Remake

1. So saith Neo, so saith us all
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. I'm chomping at the bit to pay 40 bucks for this so I can pay another 40 for Seiken Densetsu III later down the road.

3. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    How is $40 ridiculous for a decent-looking total overhaul of SoM? I recall a bunch of you $40 naysayers chomping at the bit for a $50 FFXII run through an emulator.
    This looks like shit fam. The thing that bugs me the most is that the colors look way too dull versus the original. And I don't even like the original.

4. They really got their money's worth on that box art.

5. I just feel like I'm not doing my job if I don't point out that no one's "chomping" at the bit. It's "champing." Horses champ.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. I'm not nibbling for PS2 SDIII, man. It's full blown pac-man in this bitch.

7. I typically don't care much about graphical "advanced-ness" as long as something looks and feels good. That being said, if I just saw that trailer I'd assume I was probably looking at a higher-budget 3DS game, or maybe something on the Switch.

It's fine I guess. I dunno. I just wouldn't pay $40 for this. I wish they'd have just emulated the original game, thrown in some nice scaling options, maybe some bonus content and/or extras, and put it out at $15.

8. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I just feel like I'm not doing my job if I don't point out that no one's "chomping" at the bit. It's "champing." Horses champ.
    DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN CORRECT PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET UGGGGHHHH I'M ICARUS UGGGGHHHH RESPONDING TO A FACEBOOK POST WHERE SOMEONE SAID LESS BUT MEANT FEWER IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN FINISH UGGGGhHH

Thank you
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 27 Aug 2017 at 02:30 PM.

9. Loved this game when I was a kid. I don't have a problem with the 3Dness of it. I do have a problem with the shit qualityness of it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    How is $40 ridiculous for a decent-looking total overhaul of SoM? I recall a bunch of you $40 naysayers chomping at the bit for a $50 FFXII run through an emulator.
    I think the sticking point is a SoM remake for $40 with less charming models is what folks aren't feeling here.

Maybe they do it like AoM and graphics/music aside, it's a literal 1:1 remake. Maybe they add things in - like FFXII did - to make it newer, more balanced, or something.

All I know is I said $40 is a ballsy move. I don't know if I'd pay, I don't know if I wouldn't. I'd much rather pay that to get the whole series on Switch, but that's not a thing unless I wanna learn or ignore a lot of Japanese text.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.