Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PS4)

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PS4)

We appear to have never had a Yakuza 2 thread, so I guess the announcement of its remake is reason enough. It's starting to look like the whole mainline series will eventually make its way to PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    We appear to have never had a Yakuza 2 thread,
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/threads/42885-Yakuza-2

There are so many games in this franchise, I can't keep track anymore.

I'm impressed you found that. Merge please.

4. wait...so kiwami 2 wouldn't get its own thread? it's a reimaginging (i wanna say?) of 2, and following 0 (true 2017 GOTY) and kiwami's additions both to the engine & plot/character.

i seriously can't wait, and wish the Mzo's of the world would just hold out to play these definitive versions.
    http://backloggery.com/irishninja/sig.gif

5. I think it's supposed to be a pretty straight remake like the first Kiwami, not a reimagining. Still excited though as 2 was fantastic but virtually unplayable anymore.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    wait...so kiwami 2 wouldn't get its own thread? it's a reimaginging (i wanna say?) of 2, and following 0 (true 2017 GOTY) and kiwami's additions both to the engine & plot/character.

i seriously can't wait, and wish the Mzo's of the world would just hold out to play these definitive versions.
    I haven't finished Yakuza 0 yet but it's in contention for my 2017 GOTY. Definitely top three.

I'm told that Yakuza 2 is the best in the series...if so, I cannot wait to play Kiwami 2.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I think it's supposed to be a pretty straight remake like the first Kiwami, not a reimagining. Still excited though as 2 was fantastic but virtually unplayable anymore.
    did you count kiwami as just a remake? cause again, there was added content - areas/games that weren't there on the PS2, character & plot stuff that followed 0 (fleshing out kazzy & nishiki's relationship, etc) so i don't know what that counts as, but yeah...that's a remake, you're right

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    I haven't finished Yakuza 0 yet but it's in contention for my 2017 GOTY. Definitely top three.

I'm told that Yakuza 2 is the best in the series...if so, I cannot wait to play Kiwami 2.
    2 is just fantastic - probably the best antagonist of the series, some really great new characters & plot stuff happening and also tiger-punching. there's a lot to look forward to!

8. Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    did you count kiwami as just a remake? cause again, there was added content - areas/games that weren't there on the PS2, character & plot stuff that followed 0 (fleshing out kazzy & nishiki's relationship, etc) so i don't know what that counts as, but yeah...that's a remake, you're right
    Yeah, it's a remake. They added a little but it's still the exact same story played out nearly identically.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

1 was very playable when I went through it this past year and 2 seemed even better. Hardly unplayable.

The updates look rad, though.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    1 was very playable when I went through it this past year and 2 seemed even better. Hardly unplayable.

The updates look rad, though.
    loading times for areas feel rough but id not describe them as unplayable by any means - just that, again, you miss out on so much character/story without playing the newer ones is all