7 53.85%
  • Megadeath

2 15.38%
  • Slayer

3 23.08%
  • I'm a Fence Riding Pussy Who Can't Make Up My Mind

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iron Maiden, Megadeath, or Slayer?

1. Iron Maiden, Megadeath, or Slayer?

Pick one.

Click for full size
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Iron Maiden blows all of those other bands out of the water. Megadeth had their place, but they didn't have the global popularity of Maiden.

The poll was supposed to be least favorite Maiden album, noob.

4. Eh. They're all shit between Somewhere In Time & The Final Frontier.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Incorrect.

6. Ok I forgot about the prog rock one Seven. Did they do anything worth a shit in the 90's or 00's?

7. Maiden was always too dramatic for me, but I legit haven't given them a shot for decades.

Megadeth is just silly. What I remember about them is that HELLO ME ITS ME AGAIN song/video from high school. Also the guitar player comes across as a giant twat in every interview I've ever seen. He was too douchey for Metallica, and that's saying something serious.

Slayer has an album or two that I absolutely love. Sure the guy goes HHHHEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH in every song, and every solo is so fast, and complicated, that it just sounds like someone alternate picking while randomly sliding a hand up and down a fretboard, but I don't care. I have two Slayer albums on my Lyft playlist. Enter to the realm of Satan.
    Last edited by Josh; 27 Aug 2017 at 07:42 PM.

I've been into Maiden since I was like 8 years old. It's funny how that was considered heavy metal then but so much of it would just be pop today.

I love every track from the first album beginning to end. Its punk-ish qualities may be attractive to you.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 27 Aug 2017 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Megadeth is just silly. What I remember about them is that HELLO ME ITS ME AGAIN song/video from high school. Also the guitar player comes across as a giant twat in every interview I've ever seen. He was too douchey for Metallica, and that's saying something serious.
    Listen to Rust in Peace. It's a million times better than Countdown to Extinction.