Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 College Football

Went to the MSU vs LATech game. I got free hamburgers and deer sausage.

The game was pretty boring other than watching a Blizzard icecream race a giant icecream cone.

oh, and this

2. Those "we pay some craphole team to get an easy win" games are always rough to go to. It seems especially bad in the SEC. That said, a 3rd and 93 is by far more interesting than anything I went to when I went to those games at either UCLA or Rutgers.

Yeah, I can't say I've ever seen a 3rd and 93, and I was a four-year season ticket holder and have watched 100s of games on TV.

I love everything about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Oklahoma kicked their ass. Wasn't even close. I don't think JT Barrett is very good.
    I think you're right. OSU has the look of a ~3 loss team to me, and that might be overrating them. If their DL doesn't get to the QB, they can't stop anybody, and Barrett isn't going to win any shootouts.

edit: Watching him once before Lamar Jackson and once after, there is zero contest there, and Jackson has way less talent around him.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 10 Sep 2017 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Those "we pay some craphole team to get an easy win" games are always rough to go to. It seems especially bad in the SEC. That said, a 3rd and 93 is by far more interesting than anything I went to when I went to those games at either UCLA or Rutgers.
    Other than the actual game, it was pretty good. We ended up parking at the student dorms for free. Didn't get a ticket or boot. The tailgating was about 100 yards from the entrance. You could enter and exit whenever you want. And if you like waffle fries and hatred for the LGBT they had chikfalaywhatever. Oh and it was like 71 all day.

Chick-fil-A makes everything better, even flooding.

I didn't watch the game, but MSU beat LSU, 37 to 7.

Man, what a good day. My team won and I didn't have to watch football to know it.

Did you get a pedicure and eat some chocolate too?

9. I know, right?

It looks like Texas has found their quarterback. The Freshman Ehlinger threw what appeared to be the game winning touchdown with 47 seconds left in the game. USC responded with a field goal to send the game into overtime, where Texas would end up fumbling the ball at the USC 3 and losing when USC kicked a 43 yard field goal.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...Kz&ocid=ASUDHP

My alma mater played three QBs again yesterday, but I can't complain with a 35-3 result on the road against an SEC team. I usually subscribe to the "if you have two QBs, you really have none," but I understand the logic in this case. After the Hazell disaster, the talent is not there to really be competitive, so I think Brohm is letting the upperclassman show leadership while getting the underclassman reps for the future and just giving the true freshman some option packages to get his feet wet. Next spring, with a full recruiting class in tow, I suspect we'll see a true competition for the starter job and less platooning.