Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4678910 LastLast

Thread: 2017 College Football

1. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Your pessimism is a bit much. Wisconsin is way more talented than Ohio.
    Told ya.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

2. They're hanging in there. They score here, and it's a 3 or 4 point game.

And they just scored.
    Last edited by gamevet; 02 Dec 2017 at 11:09 PM.

3. OSU or Alabummer?

I'm OK with either one. I think Alabama should get credit for having the best game control in the country, and I don't think a team should get penalized for a non-conference win against a team that disappointed in the end (FSU). OSU also had two 2TD+ losses including a 31 point loss. Alabama had one conference loss and missed the championship game on a tie break. With schedules so short, this is going to happen all the time. If they were in the SEC East and Georgia was in the SEC West, Alabama would have had the rematch and would have likely won.

OSU, on the other hand, won their conference, has more top tier wins (with more chances, in non-road games) and is next in line in FPI. They too scheduled a top-tier non-conference opponent.

I wish there had been slightly more chaos because it would make 8 teams inevitable. I think the committee will be uncomfortable putting two teams in the same conference for the first time, especially if there's a champion remotely close and that second team was not in their conference's championship game.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 03 Dec 2017 at 02:07 AM.

4. They put Alabama in. Kind of surprised but I would have done the same thing.

5. Yeah, that makes the case for 8 a hell of a lot stronger.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. 2017 College Football

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Yeah, that makes the case for 8 a hell of a lot stronger.
    Then people would have complained about #9 and #10 - look at how people bitch about 20-11 mediocrities not making the basketball tournament. The truth is that there really are only 3 teams that deserve a slot here.

Ohio State got crapped on by Iowa for gods sake. If that isn’t a disqualifier what is.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 03 Dec 2017 at 02:05 PM.

7. The reason I think 8 is good is because every conference joins the table at that point. I understand the argument, but there’s a difference between 8 and 68.

8. 2017 College Football

But then we are getting into de facto automatic bid territory which isn’t the point.

I don’t care how many they have but I also don’t see OSU’s exclusion as a point in favor of expansion. That team was underwhelming this year, as was USC.

9. I like that Ohio St gets denied this year after winning the Big Ten but got in last year after losing it.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

10. The only real news is that UW made a NY6 bowl. I thought they’d be left out despite having a top 12 ranking