Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: September 2017 Edition

1. a new piece of shit laptop to replace my old piece of shit laptop which is currently in the process of physically disintegrating

consumer electronics!

2. I may have mentioned this before, but I've essentially transitioned to digital for convenience, space, and environmental benefit. In that vein, I recently picked up a Samsung Evo Select 128GB microSDXC card from Amazon for the Switch, as well as the following games in the last few weeks:

3D Picross: Round 2 (3DS) - $18 thanks to the My Nintendo discount, I should have bought this day one as it's fantastic.
    Sonic Mania (Switch)
    The Evil Within (PS4) - $5 thanks to the recent Bethesda sale.
    Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch)
    Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (PS4) - $12 in the ongoing Bandai Namco sale, psyched to start this very soon. It will be my first time with the game since my two-day rental of the original at launch.

3. Today I bought an area rug, a set of egyptian cotton bed sheets, two pairs of shoes, two pairs of winter boots, and a fall jacket. With all of the discounts, I paid about half price, which still works out to about $600. It was all stuff I really needed, though, and it's been a long time since I spent that much on grown-up stuff.

I'm planning to pick up a bicycle next week, and maybe a set of stall bars if I can find some that will fit in my apartment.

4. I decided to go to "A Video Game Con" at the last minute in NJ, found a recapped Duo for an okay price so I blew my gaming budget for the next couple of months. Need to get an Everdrive and a control pad or two and I am all set.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I decided to go to "A Video Game Con" at the last minute in NJ, found a recapped Duo for an okay price so I blew my gaming budget for the next couple of months. Need to get an Everdrive and a control pad or two and I am all set.
    I wish I knew I was there all day!
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I wish I knew I was there all day!
    Cool, we should coordinate better next year. Did you get anything?

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I don't put any of my PC games on an HDD. HDD is pretty much meant for video files and documents in this day and age.
    You're using an SSD for your games? I might later if the GB/$ ratio improved. If the 6 GB drive I bought were instead an SSD, I'm sure it'd be over $1600 easily. The other $1400 I'd rather keep free to spend on RAM or other upgrades. While 16 GB RAM is fine for now, I may swap that out for 32 or 64 later.

I do have an SSD but it's used for the OS, Win 10. What I like there is the faster bootup time.

9. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    You're using an SSD for your games? I might later if the GB/$ ratio improved. If the 6 GB drive I bought were instead an SSD, I'm sure it'd be over $1600 easily.
    Is your new HD made of gold?

10. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Cool, we should coordinate better next year. Did you get anything?
    Definitely, and not much. A PS1 controller, The Japanese release of the N64 Goemon game (i think the first one), Super Return of the Jedi, and Super Famicom game called Elfaria.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.