Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 467891012 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: September 2017 Edition

1. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Cool, I'd like to hear some non-fanboy comparisons. Most of the people I know who got a pro mostly did it so they could masturbate to their 4K tvs, not really because they cared about the differences between the old and new models.
    The way that Sony ignores downsampling, if you don't have a 4K TV, it's pretty pointless right now. The CPU is still the same, you're still bound there. There are some games that will now run 1080p, so that's good, since 900p is more or less rubbish.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 11 Sep 2017 at 10:44 PM.

2. Well, I needed a cheap tv for the bedroom a couple of weeks ago and got that 55" TCL jam all the cheap nerds love. I have the xbone S hooked up to it currently, but maybe I should swap it and the Pro.

3. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Doesn't a Paypal preorder charge at the time you preorder it? That's how it's worked the few times I've used it.
    This is correct but paypal doesn't let you change the credit card you used to set up the pre-order. So if something happens to that card then when the charge finally goes through it just gets declined.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    My PS4 Ys VIII hasn't shipped yet. My damn card got stolen and there's no way to change a credit card used for a preorder in PayPal. Luckily NIS holds it for a month while you try over and over to get them on the phone to fix it.
    Just have them email you an invoice, that's what I did. I had a similar issue, a week or two before they began processing the orders my card was stolen, and I got a replacement. So I emailed NIS about it when my order went to process and they just emailed me an invoice I could pay through paypal how ever I wanted.

Last edited by Shin Johnpv; 12 Sep 2017 at 06:17 AM.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Is the stuff inside the LE actually worth the extra price for once? It looks better than most LEs.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Well, I needed a cheap tv for the bedroom a couple of weeks ago and got that 55" TCL jam all the cheap nerds love. I have the xbone S hooked up to it currently, but maybe I should swap it and the Pro.
    That's the 4k one at Costco, right? How's lag time? I was thinking of picking one up too to replace my tiny 32" in living room.

6. TCL p605 at Best Buy or p607 at Amazon. Only difference is a few extras on the remote for $50 more for the Amazon model. The tvs are otherwise the exact same. So far I'm extremely pleased with it.
    http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/p-series-2017-p607

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Is the stuff inside the LE actually worth the extra price for once? It looks better than most LEs.
    They're all really nicely done and you get a fair amount in there. I haven't had a chance to listen to the music cd yet, but I was impressed with the acrylic book ends they do look really nice. Plus I'm an idiotic sucker for steel books.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    TCL p605 at Best Buy or p607 at Amazon. Only difference is a few extras on the remote for $50 more for the Amazon model. The tvs are otherwise the exact same. So far I'm extremely pleased with it.
    http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/p-series-2017-p607
    Thanks, the Costco one looks suspiciously similar but much cheaper ($550), and they throw in a HD Roku too.

9. Do you know the model number?

10. nevermind, I looked it up.
    The panel lacks local dimming and is sidelit. I'd spend the extra $50 on the Best Buy model.