Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Melf and his family are about to be engulfed by hurricane Irma...uh Maria?

1. I think any federal response is going to be a bit slower because it’s an island. You can’t load up 50 big rigs full of shit and drive it down. The ports were damaged too.

Still PR was teetering on the edge before this. It’s not good.

2. If it hasn't already the Navy needs to park a couple of Marine Corp landing ships off shore and just start ferrying aid over the island.

3. It's so fucking enraging to see a guy who's been in bankruptcy four time chide PR for their debt, all while preparing to add a trillion dollars to our own debt for his tax legislation.

4. So you're saying Puerto Rico's debt problem isn't a big deal?

edit: to note, the territory did what Trump did and declared bankruptcy. It's pretty huge, and a good preview for what is going to happen in Illinois and New Jersey before long.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/03/b...debt.html?_r=0
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 27 Sep 2017 at 09:56 PM.

5. Yeah it's a big deal and that's why they all deserve to die sry dudes.

Bad Diff is out again.

6. What does the debt have to do with the hurricane response?

7. I think Frog's point was that the official US response to this is "PR is in bad debt! SAD! low energy, I like US territories who aren't in debt/don't get captured" when a) most presidents would probably have a response that had nothing to do with that, b) the current president has had all sorts of financial issues and c) he's doing some other dumb shit to add to our debt
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 27 Sep 2017 at 10:17 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    What does the debt have to do with the hurricane response?
    I don't know, ask the president as he seems to think it is related.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    I think Frog's point was that the official US response to this is "PR is in bad debt! SAD! low energy, I like US territories who aren't in debt/don't get captured" when a) most presidents would probably have a response that had nothing to do with that, b) the current president has had all sorts of financial issues and c) he's doing some other dumb shit to add to our debt
    Except that’s not the response.

10. oh