Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7910111213 LastLast

Thread: Melf and his family are about to be engulfed by hurricane Irma...uh Maria?

1. Yay, glad you're slowly regaining some kind of normalcy, even if you can't take it home with you yet.

Hooray Melf!

Glad you're okay Melf. That sucks about shitty politicians inside (and outside) Puerto Rico.

4. Really glad to hear things are ok! I can't even imagine being without power for so long.

5. Still no electricity.

The President was here this week and said that since FEMA was on the case, we no longer needed flashlights. As of yesterday, only around 7% of the island has power restored.

According to the news, a major reason why things are taking so long to reach people is that FEMA is having "logistics problems." You have to fill out a FEMA form by phone (which aren't working) or via Internet (which isn't working), and aid will take approximately ONE MONTH to arrive. And Orange Crush was going on and on the other day about what a STELLAR job FEMA is doing...

6. I'm thinking that FEMA is already overloaded with the damage in Houston.

They totally dropped the ball with Hurricane Sandy, so this comes as no surprise.

7. Holy shit. I’m so sorry man. Is there anything we can do for you? I don’t even know if mail service is like available but is there something we can send to make life easier?
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. Can we donate directly to Melf in a way he could use immediately?

9. Overnight him a generator and 50 gal barrel of gas.

10. someone would hella steal both those things prob :/
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread