Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: So, are there any other members on here from 2005?

1. Kenshin <3
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. We're still here and Neogaf ain't

3. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Awww, that kinda sucks. I know there's a lot of data from that time period stored on physical servers that have since been trashed or abandoned. It's really upsetting that a really remarkable and distinct period of time is lost to the aether, not just here on TNL but from many forums in that time period.
    I've been kind of obsessive about preserving as much community data as possible. I was very upset when GameGO GameWENT. I remember when there were signs that forum was about to die, bahn posted an invitation for people to come over to TNL. I called him an ambulance chaser, but his post probably kept up all together.

A brash young man, but I did it for the database.

Also: fuck NeoGAF.

4. Yeah I heard about NeoGAF. Kinda fucked up how everyone jumped ship so fast. lol

HI KENSHIN!
    Last edited by BonusKun; 22 Oct 2017 at 11:03 AM.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. 2004 🥂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I've been kind of obsessive about preserving as much community data as possible. I was very upset when GameGO GameWENT. I remember when there were signs that forum was about to die, bahn posted an invitation for people to come over to TNL. I called him an ambulance chaser, but his post probably kept up all together.

A brash young man, but I did it for the database.

Also: fuck NeoGAF.
    Thank you nick <3 the archive is invaluable! Also, good to see you and I hope you’re well!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Yeah I heard about NeoGAF. Kinda fucked up how everyone jumped ship so fast. lol

HI KENSHIN!
    I was kind of explaining to my husband last night, and I could be off base but I’ve been using forums for a very very long time, so i can kind of notice overall patterns in usage. I think they as a whole are fairly self policing, which is why when a major member is outed for an indiscretion - it comes as little surprise, and response is usually swift. I didn’t know these guys, but something tells me that the owner’s actions weren’t exactly a mystery or a surprise. It may be that other mods had been looking for a way to get out of a toxic environment, so when the owner was found out it was a convenient way to disengage without upsetting the base or looking weak. It seems that the culture there was rough in places, and maybe the mods were tired of dealing with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. Hi Nick!

Hi Jacob!

Hi Matt!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I was kind of explaining to my husband last night, and I could be off base but I’ve been using forums for a very very long time, so i can kind of notice overall patterns in usage. I think they as a whole are fairly self policing, which is why when a major member is outed for an indiscretion - it comes as little surprise, and response is usually swift. I didn’t know these guys, but something tells me that the owner’s actions weren’t exactly a mystery or a surprise. It may be that other mods had been looking for a way to get out of a toxic environment, so when the owner was found out it was a convenient way to disengage without upsetting the base or looking weak. It seems that the culture there was rough in places, and maybe the mods were tired of dealing with it.
    It may have been they were well aware of Evilore's tendencies and thus knew they couldn't, in any way, explain or validate the hypocrisy of being the stewards of gaming's premiere progressive/left leaning community while staying mum on the issue. Hilarious.

The only reason I joined in 02 is because the kid living a few doors down in my freshman dorm was on here. He never gave me back my n64 + 10 or so games.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.