Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 515171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, are there any other members on here from 2005?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Trying to figure out where trans fits.
    Right in your butt.

2. What? What?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by mollipen View Post
    It got to a point where I was almost being chased out of trans-related threads because I wasn't trans enough.
    TrannierThanThou

Its good to know that without fail that stupid people will self police like a limit approaching infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Thanks!

Damn Aurora that sucks. That makes me sad to hear, I hope shit improves very soon for you. Why didn't their insurance cover your teeth?

And thank you!
    Aww, thanks! The damage is too extensive for insurance to cover it. I don't have insurance currently but at the time I did through Apple. I lost 6 teeth in the accident, and two more as time has went by. I managed to get two crowned, but those are falling out now too because my teeth are shifting (I guess they do that when there's missing ones, sigh).

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I haven't seen you here in forever. Welcome back!

You should have lawyered up on that driver.
    Hey! Thanks

He unfortunately took off. It was still dark and like 5:30am, and my ass passed out for a good few minutes. I woke up to pools of blood and spitting out teeth. A few people drove by and just stared at me, so I just walked back home bloody and embarrassed. And got in the bathtub and cried. Was a wonderful morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    That's what he gets for being an asshole Jogger.

OK seriously that was a shitty thing to have happen to you.
    Haha, I usually would NEVER jog on the streets, as that's how my elementary school principal died. He got hit by a car while jogging in the wee early morning.

But, I trekked to the gym in the morning and there was an eviction sign on their door. And all of the equipment was gone. So, yeah. I felt I needed to still workout, so I thought I'd jog around the neighborhood.

Wise decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post

Also, Aurora, that is absolutely awful. I'm so sorry about your accident. What a terrible, life changing event for the worse.
    Yeah, it's definitely the worst experience of my life thus far. It's put everything on hold while I try to save as much as I can for the dental work. It's going to cost 30k, so I am nowhere even near there, but I am trying. And that's one of the lowest quotes. Basically, nothing but implants and bone grafts can save me now. It's too far gone.

I just have to put my social life on hold for a while. The worst part is I keep having to take antiobiotics due to constant infections, and such is turning my teeth yellow. Which makes me look even MORE lovely, of course. I just never smile showing my teeth anymore, and if I do...it's a strategic smile that hides the missing teeth. Haha.
    Last edited by Aurora; 27 Oct 2017 at 10:54 AM.
    I took all your French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    You have to be this trans to be go on the ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Trying to figure out where trans fits in the LBGT spectrum and feminism and everything is super complicated. But yeah, I'm sympathetic to a lot but I don't fit because I'm too divorced from the experiences as a white, hetero, cis-gender man. I think SJW will have some pains if the people in the movement can't accept people as sinners and not everyone being a saint.
    My observation from reading people argue about it is that a lot of people have a vested interest in certain narratives that provide them leverage and favor.

Like someone seeing a medical professional to get a hormone script may have to deal with a lot more gate keeping than someone else with XYZ professionals. The person they are seeing may only write scripts for a boy that "always knew and played with dolls" and not a man that did all kinds of man shit but just so happens to feel out of place in their body.

Sometimes people in that scenario will get a kind of stockholm syndrome and defend the POV of whomever is writing that hormone script. On some level they believe that by defending the source of their hormones, they will gain favor and continue to get hormones.

Others, and this especially common in all of the LBGT, will demonize or hand wave lifestyles and perspectives they know are the least desirable to the cis majority. "Normal" gay men might look down on more flamboint gay men, or butch lesbians, or cross dressers or trans women and men for this reason. A "true" trans woman may look down on "fake" transwoman. In the case of sjw, the transwoman is fake if she is not ultra liberal. The SJW is pushing a narrative that gains her group leverage.

And as an aside, tumblrinas are in such a weird dysfunctional position. They pretty much believe that an individual can not speak in a general sense on an issue. That doing so is oppressive. That it silences others within the group. That Mollie can not speak about trans people because her life experience might come into contrast with someone else's and thus oppress them by overshadowing the other experiences. They want to talk in generalities because of all the academic material they use to prop up their narrative while at the same time, all issues must be discussed on an individual by individual basis, otherwise people are oppressed.

So we are left with:

The patriarchy oppresses and silences transwomen because their existence offers alternatives to the current narrative on gender that supports the patriarchy.

SJW's oppress and silence transwomen by giving each individual person a voice, with no differentiation between them, creating a wall of white noise. (When all things are heard, nothing is heard).

And trasnwomen oppress and silence transwomen because by expressing themselves, they act as a counter argument to those that have different life experiences?

Wouldn't it be great if the current mass autism that is rampant calmed itself and we went back to knowing that individualism was implied? Back to being pragmatic and going with the voices within a movement that provided the best chance for change?

Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    You have to be this trans to be go on the ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Aww, thanks! The damage is too extensive for insurance to cover it. I don't have insurance currently but at the time I did through Apple. I lost 6 teeth in the accident, and two more as time has went by. I managed to get two crowned, but those are falling out now too because my teeth are shifting (I guess they do that when there's missing ones, sigh).

Hey! Thanks

He unfortunately took off. It was still dark and like 5:30am, and my ass passed out for a good few minutes. I woke up to pools of blood and spitting out teeth. A few people drove by and just stared at me, so I just walked back home bloody and embarrassed. And got in the bathtub and cried. Was a wonderful morning.

Haha, I usually would NEVER jog on the streets, as that's how my elementary school principal died. He got hit by a car while jogging in the wee early morning.

But, I trekked to the gym in the morning and there was an eviction sign on their door. And all of the equipment was done. So, yeah. I felt I needed to still workout, so I thought I'd jog around the neighborhood.

Wise decision.

Yeah, it's definitely the worst experience of my life thus far. It's put everything on hold while I try to save as much as I can for the dental work. It's going to cost 30k, so I am nowhere even near there, but I am trying. And that's one of the lowest quotes. Basically, nothing by implants and bone grafts can save me now. It's too far gone.

I just have to put my social life on hold for a while. The worst part is I keep having to take antiobiotics due to constant infections, and such is turning my teeth yellow. Which makes me look even MORE lovely, of course. I just never smile showing my teeth anymore, and if I do...it's a strategic smile that hides the missing teeth. Haha.
    Dumb question, but is there anyway to fly to another country and get thsi for cheaper? Not that the english don't all look like they've been run over.

7. El Paso would go to Juarez for dental work.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    My observation from reading people argue about it is that a lot of people have a vested interest in certain narratives that provide them leverage and favor.

Like someone seeing a medical professional to get a hormone script may have to deal with a lot more gate keeping than someone else with XYZ professionals. The person they are seeing may only write scripts for a boy that "always knew and played with dolls" and not a man that did all kinds of man shit but just so happens to feel out of place in their body.

Sometimes people in that scenario will get a kind of stockholm syndrome and defend the POV of whomever is writing that hormone script. On some level they believe that by defending the source of their hormones, they will gain favor and continue to get hormones.

Others, and this especially common in all of the LBGT, will demonize or hand wave lifestyles and perspectives they know are the least desirable to the cis majority. "Normal" gay men might look down on more flamboint gay men, or butch lesbians, or cross dressers or trans women and men for this reason. A "true" trans woman may look down on "fake" transwoman. In the case of sjw, the transwoman is fake if she is not ultra liberal. The SJW is pushing a narrative that gains her group leverage.

And as an aside, tumblrinas are in such a weird dysfunctional position. They pretty much believe that an individual can not speak in a general sense on an issue. That doing so is oppressive. That it silences others within the group. That Mollie can not speak about trans people because her life experience might come into contrast with someone else's and thus oppress them by overshadowing the other experiences. They want to talk in generalities because of all the academic material they use to prop up their narrative while at the same time, all issues must be discussed on an individual by individual basis, otherwise people are oppressed.

So we are left with:

The patriarchy oppresses and silences transwomen because their existence offers alternatives to the current narrative on gender that supports the patriarchy.

SJW's oppress and silence transwomen by giving each individual person a voice, with no differentiation between them, creating a wall of white noise. (When all things are heard, nothing is heard).

And trasnwomen oppress and silence transwomen because by expressing themselves, they act as a counter argument to those that have different life experiences?

Wouldn't it be great if the current mass autism that is rampant calmed itself and we went back to knowing that individualism was implied? Back to being pragmatic and going with the voices within a movement that provided the best chance for change?
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

9. Cuba is pretty great for basic stuff. I'm not sure about major dental surgery, but it's worth a look.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Dear Nick,

You never helped me with my password, jerk. 2 months later, I magically guessed it right. Hi all!
    Hey, you only asked me to update your e-mail address!

Okay, I'm a jerk. Sorry to you and B-Ri for not fixing your forum issues earlier.

I would contribute to fix your teeth. You didn't yank them out on purpose and make up the jogging story, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I had an eggplant wizard avatar for 5 minutes early on.
    I made that, I think. Back in AIM days.