Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: PDX ECLIPSE PARTY 2K17

1. PDX ECLIPSE PARTY 2K17

Just like the rest of the western hemisphere, I'll be traveling to Oregon from the night of the 18th to the 22nd. I'll be in Eugene from the 18th to the 20th, and PDX from the 20th to the 22nd.

This is apparently gonna be a crazy event bc every hotel is booked and every airbnb is like $2000 a night, so I'm expecting cray crowds. However, I would love to do an TNL get together, whether for the actual eclipse itself or that night if people can't get it off work or are dealing with families, etc.

According to http://www.eclipse2017.org you cant actually see the eclipse in PDX (?!?! or apparently partial only????) so we possibly will have to make the journey south to Salem or Corvallis to see the total eclipse. That's totally fine and since you locals know the area better than I do, feel free to pop in with suggestions about that. Outside restaurants, parks, whatever. I would love to meet up anywhere at anytime, so let's start planning for this totally metal event!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Hmmm, Salem or Madras would probably be the best bets, both are about 2 hours on a normal day from Portland, thought I expect it will take significantly longer thanks to the weather. Madras is on the high desert side of the state which almost guarantees a perfect day, but it's only highway to get down which could get really bad with traffic.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Interesting! I don't know a gosh darn thing about Madras, though google tells me theres a large festival planned there. Additionally, PDX to Salem has a train route, but i also just looked that up and everything is sold out, haha. I really don't know where the locals are planning to head to, so as I said if someone has a suggestion city-wise thats okay! I'm making peace with the fact that wherever we choose will probably be kind of a clusterfuck, haha.

4. Yeah that's pretty much it, it's going to be a goddamn disaster no matter where we go and we will probably need to start driving around 1 or 2 in the morning in order to get somewhere we can actually park

Still worth it though I'll bet.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Oregonian's thoughts from March

http://www.oregonlive.com/travel/ind...e_2017_so.html

Madras may be a clusterfuck and 26 isn't really built to handle that many cars driving there, Salem may be the safer bet, still packed but at least I5 is made for heavy traffic.
    Last edited by bbobb; 18 Jun 2017 at 03:55 PM.

6. I'm planning tentatively for Salem then, that seems like a good choice. I mean, the thing is, we can literally see it from anywhere as long as we're not in a basement, I'm not super concerned with getting the perfect spot on the top of a hill so I can properly open my third eye or whatever. I'm totally fine with a parking lot, or an outside table, or whatever. If I'm not straight up stuck in traffic when it happens lol

7. Yeah I like the idea, and if we leave really damned early in the morning it should be easy. Right now it says an hour to Salem, so assume for the mess and leave at like four or so and we could get down easy and even grab a little breakfast before.

Can we get Josh and Pacrappa to come down as well?

8. I would love if they could!!! Icarus, are you interested in getting in on this as well? I know work schedules and stuff like that, but I'd absolutely love to meet you!

This is about the least appealing thing I can think of. I'm positive I'm not coming.

Nothing personal.