Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Octopath Traveler (Switch)

1. I will end up getting this for sure, the demo was great and really sold me on it. H'aanit was the most fun of the 3 stories I tried, but they were all at least interesting.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2. What I found interesting is the producer admitted he based this game from Final Fantasy VI which was one of those RPGs to me that came out at the right place and right time for me. Speaking of FFVI, A friend sent me this link. I never played FFRK since I don't do mobile games but this piece was really fucking spot on.

Really hit the right notes for me. lol
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

3. I got the Traveler's edition or whatever, it is pretty nice but probably not worth the extra dough.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I got the Traveler's edition or whatever, it is pretty nice but probably not worth the extra dough.
    I assume you grabbed it at the Nintendo store?

5. I preordered from GS a few months ago, do u still need me to check?

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I preordered from GS a few months ago, do u still need me to check?
    I'm fine now. I was able to snag a pre-order on Amazon that came back so I sniped it fast before it sold out again.

7. This game is fucking fantastic.

It's no Persona 5 but it just might be the best JRPG to come out this generation otherwise. The battles are good, the stories are good, the music is fucking phenomenal, the graphics are fun as all hell and the job system is the tits.

This might be the best console JRPG to come from Square since the PS2.
    Last edited by Opaque; 16 Jul 2018 at 04:50 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    It's no Persona 5 but it just might be the best RPG to come out this generation otherwise.
    Are we not counting Souls-likes, not to mention Nier, as RPGs anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Pure JRPG is really all I mean. I should edit that, so I will.

10. I've been enjoying it, but man the ye olde english of the huntress story really annoyed the shit out of me.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.