Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Octopath Traveler (Switch)

1. damn your edit.

2. I look forward to sequels such as Novempath Traveller and Centipath Traveller.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    damn your edit.
    lol

4. I love the way this game looks. Don't know much about it, don't have anything to play it on, but I'd definitely get this if I had a Switch.

I finally played through this after finishing Mario Odyssey and wanting to play on the switch more. It was a lot of fun and was pretty long for a demo! I will definitely get it but I'm still worried that I'll get burned out on the whole RPG thing.

The battle system was fun. Saving points to break a guard then unloading a 3x boost ability felt really satisfying. Hopefully it doesn't get super complicated, it seemed to have a good balance of simple but still allowing strategy if you wanted.

The graphics were awesome, but I'm already leery that the whole game will end up running against walls to make sure they aren't hiding a chest behind foreground objects or having a 'secret' path somewhere. I guess it's true to the old style of RPG- do I walk around to find every chest and risk wasting time with random battles? I was happy when I found a path (that led to a worthless item) in the demo but again I think it will get old quick. Things in the foreground and background get really blurry super fast also, which is a neat effect but I think it can be toned down a bit, so it's not just a gimmick to hide things (don't make me walk everywhere just to see if something exists).

The story seemed appropriately classic also. Death in 16 bit sprite style, a nice simple package of video game emotions and revenge. I hope it stays that way throughout. There are a couple sidequests in the demo that are just 1 step, but they start and end in such a fake and complete way. I love it.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

6. I am playing the demo now, I actually wants to play this more than Mario Odyssey or the other Switch games. Love everything about this game.

7. 6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

8. She mrgrgr on Switch?
    Donk

9. So who dipped and got this? I know I'm not the only one!
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

10. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    So who dipped and got this? I know I'm not the only one!
    I did, but I’m saving it for a plane ride next month. (But I might cheat if I finish Persona 2 ahead of schedule.)
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.