Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Octopath Traveler (Switch)

1. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    So to those playing this. I want to hear your impressions already!
    I like it. I get a Romancing SaGa vibe from it. They're definitely going for something that feels like it could have been a SNES game.

2. Love the diorama look. I love that the spritework looks straight out of a Square SNES game. Boosting is a cool mechanic, but I'm mulling over whether there's another way to implement it that keeps risk/reward but doesn't slow the pace of a fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. I hope they change the name

4. These guys are so bad at titles. This sounds like a bullet point on a windshield sticker of Ford Escape.

5. Are we just ignoring the big ass * that it had on the direct and the corresponding WORKING TITLE as a footer?

6. I'll give you 3:1 on the title ultimately not including "Octopath" if you really think "working title" means something.

7. I spent the weekend thinking this was some indie pixelshit game and didn't even bother.

8. Someone will say "this name is weird, we need to change something about it" and it'll be called Octopath Life
    Donk

9. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I'll give you 3:1 on the title ultimately not including "Octopath" if you really think "working title" means something.
    Fuck that, Japan be crazy. Octopath Default is the end name.

Edit: That will of course be the Japanese name. The localized name will be Billy's 8-Way Travelling Drangus: For Matching Service.
    Last edited by Chux; 18 Sep 2017 at 05:16 PM.

10. The Eight Heroes of Light's Default Octo-path of Summer's Summerly Love.