Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Octopath Traveler (Switch)

1. I'm really happy to hear that everyone's having a great time with it. My copy will arrive sometime today so I'm looking forward to sharing stories with you about this game. Funny enough physical copies have been sold out all over mainly due to SE and Nintendo not thinking this game would do so well.

The wait time on amazon for the next shipment of physical copies of the game is one to two months!.

I hope this sends a clear message to SE that people still want these type of games for which SquareSoft was known for.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. Best Buy, Walmart, and Target all have it.

3. I ordered it off Amazon using their Prime card so I would get same day + pre-order discount + pay it off to help my credit a bit.

Looks like they had an issue processing the payment, and asked for another form. But whoops, now you won't get it for months, and you won't get the pre-order discount.

So I immediately cancelled and picked it up at a local place. Game is really fun. I like that the stories are metered out in a way that I always know when a good point to take a break is coming. I can do like a dungeon, or a whole chapter, and feel like I've done enough, even on a lunch break. Or I could play all night and really get into it.

I'm still not far - I want to do everyone's Chapter 1 before going onto Chapter 2 - and have about two more characters to start up. But so far I'm really enjoying it.

Also, huntress is the reason I switched to Japanese voices. It was so cringey to hear all that belabored old English nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. Treasure

So finally got my copy in yesterday late in the evening. The LE box set is fucking pretty I'll give it that. Fired up my game and while I didn't have a ton of time I decided after 10 or so minutes of thought to start my full 1st playthru with this guy...

Octopath-Traveler_Therion.jpg

He gave me a real Locke vibe from Final Fantasy VI even tho he's a bit more darker then Locke is. So I'm curious to hear what characters you chose 1st. Let's hear it guys!
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    So finally got my copy in yesterday late in the evening. The LE box set is fucking pretty I'll give it that. Fired up my game and while I didn't have a ton of time I decided after 10 or so minutes of thought to start my full 1st playthru with this guy...

Octopath-Traveler_Therion.jpg

He gave me a real Locke vibe from Final Fantasy VI even tho he's a bit more darker then Locke is. So I'm curious to hear what characters you chose 1st. Let's hear it guys!
    I picked H'aanit in the demo and just stuck with her. Not because I terribly like her writing, but because she seemed like a solid starter with the capture mechanics, her own unique skills, and axe/bow proficiency. She's a really flexible character so far, but man...the way she's written, and everyone else in her town...bleh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

6. If any of you other nerds like me collect the platinum points every week, only to let them expire before using- this is worth spending 50 of them on.
    https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/83df...d_list%3A1%3A1
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 18 Jul 2018 at 07:31 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I picked H'aanit in the demo and just stuck with her. Not because I terribly like her writing, but because she seemed like a solid starter with the capture mechanics, her own unique skills, and axe/bow proficiency. She's a really flexible character so far, but man...the way she's written, and everyone else in her town...bleh.
    I've Haanit nuf of her talkenith.

I started with Olberic who is at least mid game, my best tank and highest damage dealer. I've heard H'aanit is basically the only one to hit 99,999 damage late game, but I just hit a boss for 17k with Olberic at level 39 so he's pretty cool.

8. Now I'm seeing that basically anyone can hit 99,999 late game. So use whoever the fuck you want.

9. I heard whichever one you start with can’t leave your party until you finish their story, decided if I was going to be stuck building my party around one constant character that way for effectively the whole game it might as well be a healer, figured mixing ingredients sounded more intersting than just casting spells, and so picked Alfyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. I am playing this game. I started with a character whose name started with O and I got five more starting with C T O P and A in order.

woooo