Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

1. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I've now beat the Cleric Beast, Vicar Amelia, and the Witches. Blood Starved Beast up next.

No idea what the difference is between this, and the other dozen attempts at this series - but I'm making decent progress!
    Bloodborne is the pinnacle of the Soulsborne games. Great story, atmosphere, and gameplay. Some dark shit happening in that game.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    No idea what the difference is between this, and the other dozen attempts at this series - but I'm making decent progress!
    Mobility.

The game actually likes to be played. It invites you to move around and do stuff rather than asking you to step politely through every door with your index finger industrial epoxy'd to the shield button in between managing your weight stat.

3. I gave Bloodborne a good couple shots when it first came out, but couldn’t progress past the Cleric Beast. I guess I just figured the game out better on this play.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Assassin's Creed Origins. Haven't played this series since Black Flag. It was decent at first, but it has grown on me. Massive world with lots of cool details. Mechanics have changed a bit...new weapons (good bow mechanics), but pretty standard AC jank. Did i mention the world is huge? That's the draw, I suppose. Alas, the Greeks are the villains this time around. Sorry, Nick.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Mobility.

The game actually likes to be played. It invites you to move around and do stuff rather than asking you to step politely through every door with your index finger industrial epoxy'd to the shield button in between managing your weight stat.
    Actually the earlier souls games are actually way more fun if you don’t use a shield, but the games don’t make that very clear.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Actually

7. Actually
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. I got a SNES classic (yay) and put a few games on it, including Prince of Persia. While starting up games and playing the first 10-15 minutes of each, just for that initial kick of nostalgia and muscle memory, this game just never let go. It is a really amazing version of the game.

If you ever liked PoP and can still stomach the die-learn-repeat cycle, play this one. Very satisfying game that doesn't last forever.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

9. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Actually the earlier souls games are actually way more fun if you don’t use a shield, but the games don’t make that very clear.
    Probably! But if you want me to move around, withholding a side dodge, showering me with shields, and hampering me with a weight stat are funny ways of expressing it.

"Here's our game about a deluge of stuff and mechanics to slow you down but keep you safe, but trust me, the best way to play the game is to ignore all the cues we're painstakingly giving you to use all that stuff" isn't good design.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    I got a SNES classic (yay) and put a few games on it, including Prince of Persia. While starting up games and playing the first 10-15 minutes of each, just for that initial kick of nostalgia and muscle memory, this game just never let go. It is a really amazing version of the game.

If you ever liked PoP and can still stomach the die-learn-repeat cycle, play this one. Very satisfying game that doesn't last forever.
    I could never bring myself to play it because I was put off by the fact that the time limit can make the game unbeatable if you fuck up too much early on.