Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
    I don't care for the story or pop songs but the combo battle system is quite addictive. Even though Persona 5 has more appealing art and music, TMS has better pacing so far.

2. Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post

While the game has that fundamental flaw and is generally aggravating and I shouldn't play it anymore than I have, the speed at which everything loads and reloads combined with the randomized nature of it means that I probably have already played this longer than Nex Machina. I'm not particularly pleased to make this realization.
    Which is too bad because Nex Machina is co-GOTY with Prey

3. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4) : Hard mode. About 30 hrs. in with 40% map completion, and the first Suppression mission done. A strong contender for JRPG of the year.

Arcade Archives- The Ninja Warriors (PS4) : Got 8th place on world leaderboard with a 283000-ish score.

Hard Reset (PC) : Goodbye Atlas.

4. Space Giraffe (X360, played on XO) - Currently on level 63, Stargate: Basingstoke. If you haven't learned to hate Rotors yet, you will now. Pass the Dramamine.

5. I am playing Cuphead and Wolfenstein (2009). I had to track down an expensive PC physical copy of the latter. I played it before on 360 but thinking about the new one made me want to play it again, this time with good performance.

6. I've been putting my PC through its paces to test out games running in 1440p with my new G-Sync monitor.

DOOM: This game runs at a real 120fps+ and with G-Sync it never has screen tearing and the experience is smooth as melted butter.

Ghost Recon Wildlands: I had to turn off Turf Effects, which is pretty much their version of Nvidia Hairworks for grass. The game would occasionally dip into the mid 50 fps range, but it still felt very smooth with G-Sync. I could probably turn off some of the AA in this game, because at 1440p there is no jagged edges on a 27" display. This game is pretty much a watered down version of Far Cry, without the element of exploring the world to discover things.

Crysis 3: I've been playing this game (3rd play through) a level at a time over the past few months. I turned AA down to FXAA and it ran between 65 and 110fps depending on the area of the reservoir mission I was playing today.

Fallout 4: I've heard PC hardware reviewers say that this game is best played with the frame rate locked at 60fps, because the frame rate would chug. I only experienced one moment where it chugged for a very brief moment, but the game pretty much ran above 100fps for the 45 minutes or so I played it today.

7. It's my anniversary but my wife is asleep, so I'm spending some quality time with this old flame.

Click for full size
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

8. That optical drive should rouse the missus.

9. Burning Rangers: I had trouble getting this to boot, even after I adjusted the POT to the CD drive lens. I wiped off the disc with a soft cloth and it booted right up. I played through the training and the 1st area. I forgot how frustrating the camera can be in this game, especially when you have to jump up and turn to get to a ledge above you.

10. I have unfinished business with Ninja Gaiden (NES). I never finished it back in the day, I don't remember where I was stuck, but I am sure I am getting close. Currently stuck in Act V.