Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1828303132333436 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

1. Here's what I'm learning about Souls games. The beginning is the hardest hurdle. I'm soul level 45~ now, and I can take a few hits before I die. Went through the Bastille without dying until I got stuck at a locked door and a statue. I think I might need to fight the pursuer again to get an item or something. He dropped in suddenly, and I wasn't ready, so I booked; but now he's gone again.
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Destiny 2.

Kinda salty about the Dawning Engrams.

3. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Here's what I'm learning about Souls games. The beginning is the hardest hurdle. I'm soul level 45~ now, and I can take a few hits before I die. Went through the Bastille without dying until I got stuck at a locked door and a statue. I think I might need to fight the pursuer again to get an item or something. He dropped in suddenly, and I wasn't ready, so I booked; but now he's gone again.
    You'll fight him later, that initial fight is just meant to get you killed, even when you win it the reward isn't much.

Are you avoiding shields like I suggested?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. I’m using shields for parries.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. Ah, the little round parry shields? That's acceptable.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. The parries in 2 feel the most janky in the whole series IMO. Something about the relative slowness of your movement against the oft sporadic and quick movements of the enemies just made it seem more difficult than it should be.

And yeah Scholar changed up some enemy positions and added SEVERAL random Pursuer fights to odd locations. That one in the Bastille took me by surprise when I dropped down and was expecting the original mob from the base game. The one in Sinner's Rise (?) threw me off completely and made me skip that item entirely in subsequent runs.

7. I’m wearing a heavier armor set, so my movement isn’t all that fast. It’s like a backup.
    Boo, Hiss.

8. I would highly recommend staying under 70% encumbrance in order to not fat roll.

9. Playing Dracula X. It’s my favorite ClassicVania. Wish I could play the original version

10. You playing it on SNES/PSP?