Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

When I was six my uncle came over and sat down and beat that game in front of me. One of the most inspiring moments of my life.

I had a similar moment when I played Double Dragon in the arcade with one of my older sister's friends. We put in two quarters, I die by the first Abobo, he went on to beat the game on that one quarter. I was awestruck.

I finally did it myself just earlier this year.

3. I glitched through 6-2 last night, fell off the ledge and somehow warped back on top. I still need to figure out a sure fire way to get through that area.

4. I was the first person to 1CC Double Dragon in my hometown. Elbows, elbows, elbows.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I glitched through 6-2 last night, fell off the ledge and somehow warped back on top. I still need to figure out a sure fire way to get through that area.
    Honestly the secret to 6 is speed. You have to figure out the fastest route through killing the minimum enemies and glitching most of the eagles off the screen by going so quick. You want to pretty much not stop during that whole level.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Time Crisis 5 (AC): Hoping for 5M sooner or later. Stages 1-1, 4-1, and 5-1 (If Keith says "Pick up the pace!", you fucked up) are most important since 1 sec. is worth +7200 there rather than +2400. That's because a section's time bonus is based on the whole stage, not just the section. Hadn't played in a while, a tad rusty, but still managed 4.6M lately. Where in the hell is a PS4 version BTW?

7. Been playing the new South Park, and it is excellent. If you enjoyed the first game (you should have) then this is going to make you happy. The battle system is familiar while moving to a grid based system which works better (imo) and makes fights more interesting. Everything is moving along at a great pace, I haven't once been bored or left with nothing (or too much) to do. Getting a few manageable quests at once and picking through them had me laughing at the dialogue, enjoying the battles and looting on my trek to the next spot, crafting new stuff for the next battles and shitting in everyone's toilet. If you're familiar with the show theres a lot to love about the references and humor, and it's even pulled in my wife who has watched next to none of it. This is the first game she asked if I was going to be playing so she could continue watching (shes been enthralled the first 4 hours). Really enjoying it. I purchase very few day 1 games anymore, but I'm very happy with this one.

8. I was calliandering about it and read some reviews. Pretty much everyone said, "not as good as the first one."
    Which is fine, no one said it was bad, just kinda mediocre. The battle system gets stale rather quickly and the fetch quests are made even more obnoxious thanks to poorly placed fast travel points.
    I waited forever to play Stick. I'll wait until this is sub $30, which won't be long because Ubisoft.

9. I didn't know it was Ubisoft, had a pretty angry realization when Steam went to open up Uplay. Fortunately(?) through my time playing Trials and Steep I was able to unlock all the dumb shit you can get with your Uplay points.
    I'll agree that the Fast Travel spots have been oddly spaced so far (I've unlocked 5), but I've had a lot of fun walking to each spot and battling and collecting crafting junk. Could get old soon I suppose but battles are very easy to avoid should you want to. The battles against anyone who isn't a simple mob usually have interesting shit going on. I'm happy enough with playing (and paying for) it now, but it'll be a great $20 game for sure.

10. I sort of figured out NG 6-2 and 6-3, got to the final boss and got my ass kicked. And $$!##^&**)! they kick you back to 6-1 when you continue!!