Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2636383940414244 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

1. Witcher 3 (PC) : Blood & Broken Bones difficulty. Finished the battle of Kaer Morhen, then took down Imlerith on the first try.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters
    D2K was ok. Wasn't Minter's best efforts, something is just off with the game, maybe the ship is too damn big. If you are not focusing on the radar, you will die.
    True. Gotta keep looking back & forth quickly. It gives out a lot of extra ships (every 20K) but it can start taking them back very quick at level 30. Landers start kidnapping your men like mad, maybe 6 at a time. I'll try to catch & carry a couple for extra firepower.

I'm getting back into the first Dragon Quest Heroes. I'm so far behind on this shit.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I'm getting back into the first Dragon Quest Heroes. I'm so far behind on this shit.
    I think I will always be behind on Dragon Quest games. I have DQ5 sitting around waiting to be played somewhere.

Crypt of the Necrodancer is amazing! Started it this weekend, got it for PSN and then liked it so much I got it for iOS as well. (FYI it's on sale at PSN till the end of the day I think.) Normally I hate roguelikes but this has a nice beat to it. Very addicting!
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. That game rules. Especially on Vita. Headphones and clicky d-pad feels good.

5. Been playing a bunch of Shiren the Wanderer (Vita) and I lost the +18 shield with a whole bunch of good properties I spent 11 hours building because my shopkeep robbery escape plan wasn't good enough. I deserved what I got.

These games are all pretty much the same but this is much more forgiving than the DS remake of FnS2. The accrual of points and the stuff you can buy with them e.g. Revival Grass make catching up after a big death a bit easier. The music is really good and the day/night mechanic makes for some tense moments. The optional weirdo dungeons are cute, too. One of them is basically Minesweeper recreated with the Mystery Dungeon engine. If you've ever liked a Mystery Dungeon, you'll really like* this one.

*Nobody, including me, has ever finished a Mystery Dungeon game, either.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 17 Jan 2018 at 02:13 PM.

6. No one really likes Mystery Dungeon games.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. It feels like I should be getting money for playing them sometimes.

8. Shiren is on my list and I heard good things about it.

9. Roguelikes are generally bad. Just bad.

Shiren is cute though
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. finally gonna finish Persona 2: Innocent Sin on vita, maybe Seiken Densetsu III as well for my mop-up of JRPG's i put off for a decade or more

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Roguelikes are generally bad. Just bad.

Shiren is cute though
    i will defend Fatal Labyrinth with my dying breath
    http://backloggery.com/irishninja/sig.gif