Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 304042434445 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

It's probably your tv. I tossed my XRGB Mini because of 16 ms of lag and I can play SMW on the classic just fine. It lags less than the emulators on the Pi or the Retrofreak.

2. I didn't make that vid, but I find it rather compelling how far off the timing is after a few minutes.

3. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    It's probably your tv. I tossed my XRGB Mini because of 16 ms of lag and I can play SMW on the classic just fine. It lags less than the emulators on the Pi or the Retrofreak.
    They would be the same though. 16ms is just 1 frame, and any emulator out there is going to have at the best optimal experience at least 1 frame of lag.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Toupee View Post
    It's the SNES Classic. I noticed right away... I can't play Mario World on the thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXW6OOGxC-k

It's kind of amazing they let it launch like this. It's not a big deal for something like Chrono Trigger, but precise platforming... it's disappointing in that regard.
    It's probably on purpose. The SNES didn't output at 60hz it actually output at like 60.09hz which I guess modern displays don't like. They probably slowed the system by the like 0.17% needed to hit 60hz, though this seems maybe a bit higher. The %.17 slow down should account for like 1 second every 10 minutes. It's what Kevtris does in the upcoming Super NT, well its one of the options, there are 2 others for dealing with the oddball output.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    They would be the same though. 16ms is just 1 frame, and any emulator out there is going to have at the best optimal experience at least 1 frame of lag.
    It's not the same, there's a lot more variables at hand. All emulators lag, but Nintendo's Canoe emulator has so little that I can't tell. I can definitely tell in SNES9x. Add that to the lag from the tv, either from the inherent lag the display or the tv up converting 720p to higher resolutions. My plasma has about 38 ms lag from progressive sources, which is pretty good for a 50 inch but is the higher end of what I'd consider acceptable for 8 and 16 bit gaming. The 16 ms the XRGB adds to that pushes it to unacceptable on some games like Mario World and Punch Out. But my SNES mini does just fine. I don't know what the lag speed of Canoe is but it's less than a XRGB mini or my emu boxes running SNES.

So basically, if Mario World doesn't feel right it's the tv. The same cannot be said for the NES classic by the way, the emu in that one isn't great.

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Big head mode, or no?
    Haven't done that yet. Got to try it sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX
    Ha! In my Jam experience, under those conditions the CPU will usually make that impossible shot.
    Haven't had this happen in the last 3 games I've played (won the first two, then lost one). I can imagine how much that would suck- being ahead by 2, only to have the CPU suddenly smoke you by 1 point on the last second thanks to a trey that would probably not have happened on a real court.

Right as the ball was rattling the rim at the end:
    Me: *glare* "No, you bastard... miss, damnit!"
    Announcer: "NO GOOD!"
    Me: "Yes."

I don't even want to think about what I'd have said if that shot was good.

I mostly played the Genesis/32x version back in the day, and iirc there as an option that was on by default that helped the losing team so that games would be more competitive. Also the CPU cheated like a bitch.

8. I had a 4 player NBA Jam cabinet in the house for years back in high school! I knew all the hot spots. Had a nice printout of the secret character codes from Usenet.

If you're not playing big head mode, you're fucking up.

Towards the end I spent more time with the secret tank game than the actual game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. There really is a dip switch setting to keep the game close, the rubber band AI is brutal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I had fun playing Jam on the Genesis, and a friend of mine in school asked if he could borrow it. Sure! I get it back, and the fucker has some ridiculous record, like 128-0 or something. I think I had reached 28-0 and stopped. I couldn't let someone have a better record than me in my own cartridge could I? Playing 100 more games was brutal when I had lost interest a long time ago.