Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2535373839404143 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Dropping an average of 15 hours a weekend into BotW, really can't get over how good this game is. I'm one Guardian short of all of them done, just found the Master Sword but I'm a little short on health to pull it out yet, unlocked the full map finally. I know there aren't achievements for it but I really feel like going for 100% with this game, it's just really fun to explore. Possibly the first Nintendo game I'll buy extra content for, despite really wanting to try Ryu/Cloud/Bayonetta in Smash. I need to find a way to get into the volcano area without being immediately set on fire, none of the potions I've made thus far stop it and I don't have any heat resistant armor yet.
    Isn't it the same as any other area in that you take the main road and find a stable with info? There's a wandering Goron that sells fire resistant potions that goes between there and an outpost.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Isn't it the same as any other area in that you take the main road and find a stable with info? There's a wandering Goron that sells fire resistant potions that goes between there and an outpost.
    This could be the case, I flew in randomly to get to the tower and then tried to go towards the last divine beast from there so I'm sure I missed a lot. So far my cooking attempts have only made low level heat resistance potions which aren't enough, but I didn't try too many before moving on to other stuff. Got the Master Sword this morning, anyhow!

Nice! I think one of the main ingredients for fire resist comes from within the area that sets you om fire so buying them is the only way in for now. Even though you can go anywhere anytime I found that there's enough breadcrumbs around for some linearity and have been clutching them to my breast in desperation. Too often I would turn the game on, fart around for 2 hours or more, then realize I nearly completely wasted some of my limited gaming time for the week.

4. I'll spoil it in case you don't want to know what you need to cook.
    the little lizard things that run around that area

5. I went back to the stables at the start of the area and there was a lady selling the fireproof potions, bought 6 and then took the long road to town and found the heat resistant armor. I know there was still a ton of stuff left to find and do but after getting the last Divine Beast I just headed for Ganon. Very cool fight, excellent game.

6. Trails of Cold Steel (PC) - On the final chapter.

Wolfenstein II (PC) - Right now, by the lift in the Roswell underground area.

Defender 2000 (Jag) - The Jaguar isn't known for many good games but this surely is one. Great gameplay & kickass soundtrack. With Housemarque quitting this style of game (no Resogun 2, damnit), maybe we need WB Games to talk Minter into making a Defender 4000.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    I would expect the FMV to be better on PS but I'm surprised at the Saturn having transparencies the PS version didn't. Are you sure? I'd expect crappy dithering effects on the Saturn.
    There's both in MMX4. One spotlight uses that nasty dithering effect, but there's a glass tube with proper transparency. Darius Gaiden does some true transparencies. Look at Zone A, where the 2nd part gradually fades in over the background- and also the boss' explosion has some.

7. Defender 2000 kinda got buried by Tempest 2000.
    It’s a good game, but I guess the marketplace only needed one trippy arcade experience and Tempest filled that need.

8. p.s. I linked mzo to the video that your article is based on right after he made that post...3 months ago.

9. D2K was ok. Wasn't Minter's best efforts, something is just off with the game, maybe the ship is too damn big. If you are not focusing on the radar, you will die.

10. I'm playing Omnibus, which is an intensely frustrating game where you are a bus that can't slow down or stop and you have to do various tasks. It's kinda hard to explain, so here's the trailer:

It has terribly janky physics that will definitely piss you off, but there is something about it, I just keep playing it. They really push the inane concept of a bus that won't stop to its limits. I can't say I really recommend it, I got it on sale for $0.99 which is definitely worth while but its asking a bit much to pay full price for this shit.
    Last edited by arjue; 15 Jan 2018 at 05:57 AM.