Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

1. I’m trying Bllodborne again. Last time I couldn’t even make it past the Cleric Beast. I have low hopes!
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    That's weird. I've played it on my chipped PS1 without any trouble.
    Is your modchip one of the earlier versions?
    Probably. I got the ps1 from my brother. It’s one he had in 2000. I’m a little confused cause it plays FFVIII just fine (FFVIII has mod protection)

Since I have my ps1 hooked up I’ve been playing Megaman Legends, Legend of Mana, and FFVII. I’ve been playing through FFVII once or twice a year to keep my excitement up for the remake.

3. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I’m trying Bllodborne again. Last time I couldn’t even make it past the Cleric Beast. I have low hopes!
    I beat the Cleric Beast! Success!
    Boo, Hiss.

4. YAY! Hairy things hate fire in Bloodborne, generally.

5. I've gotten 700 moons (I can't count the ones I paid for, it's stupid the game lets you do this, to be honest) in Super Mario Odyssey. I'm a bit tired now. I've gotten my money's worth out of this game (two mini vacations worth of gaming), but I think the races suck, the minigames are all terrible, changing costumes is tedious, and a lot of other moons are just straight up filler (ground pound some random area? lame).

I have not gone through the final level yet because these ones without checkpoints always piss me off since I die on something that doesn't feel like it's my fault.

6. Since I start a lot of RPGs and never finish them anyway, I decide to play a whole bunch of time at once:

Mass Effect Andromeda: Decided to play on Hard difficulty, otherwise the game is too easy with psychic abilities. I am really enjoying it as the premise is very different from the original trilogy. The main bad guys aren't very scary though and the equipment/upgrade seems to be needlessly complicated.

Dragon Age Inquisition: I started this on PS3 but it was too ugly and choppy and waited until I have a PS4. It is much better, but still ugly. The tactical combat doesn't work all that well with the controller though, I might just see if I like the story enough to try again on PC later.

Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Got through the tutorial, appears to have improved from 2 in every way.

Final Fantasy XV: I like the combat of flying around and hitting things. Still not sure about the whole boy band thing.

Persona 5: Still in box.

7. Besides going through Fire Emblem Warriors, I've been on a big retro kick lately... since I went and picked up a CRT TV that I always wanted back before I went HD. A 32" Sony Wega Trinitron. Got it for $10 off craigslist and it's in nearly perfect shape with the remote. I currently have it setup up as an additional TV in the living room, which my wife isn't too happy about, but we'll be buying our own house next year and I'll finally have my game room so...

I've been mostly replaying old Saturn games... Dragon Force, Panzer Dragoon series, Dark Savior and the plethora of 2D fighters I have for the system. These games looked so bad on my HD TV's. It's been great playing them on a CRT again. Riding on that enthusiasm, I've decided to have my SNES-101 modded for S-Video output.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

Dragon Force was pretty cool back in the day.

9. Warframe (PS4): Has anybody played this recently? It's really fucking weird. If you're like me, you probably have somebody in your social networks endlessly nattering about how this game is the best thing ever, how it's better than Destiny 2 and Diablo and every other loot grind/MMO, so I finally downloaded it and spent a healthy 7-8 hours with it over Thanksgiving weekend.

It's not bad. In fact, it's pretty good! Not just "good for a FTP game", but decently good. The game is basically a Vanquish MMO with Destiny-style public events. The game looks pretty nice and at least on the surface the game doesn't seem to make too many compromises as a FTP game.

It's only when you play the game for a few hours that the game's true weirdness becomes apparent. Warframe's community are the gaming community's equivalent of freegans. Everything in the game is free, but you have to either wait a long-ass time to grind to get the parts to build what you want OR trade with the games extremely active bartering community. There's like over thirty different Warframes that give you different powers and shit but you have to grind for dozens of hours to build just ONE of these fucking things. And then, if by some miracle you get all the parts to build the Warframe that you want, you STILL have to wait a week for it for your ship's foundry to finish building it. Same rules apply to building guns, melee weapons, and other trinkets.

The core game is still fun. I would definitely rate it above Diablo 3 as a looty grindy experience. There's a ton of content! Available on XBone and PC as well.
    Last edited by sleeve; 26 Nov 2017 at 05:57 PM.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. Started playing Yakuza Kiwami. Never played any of the Yakuza games before, so beating a dude with a bicycle until it broke was fun!