Page 1 of 45 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS) - I'm very early still, but I'm actually glad this is on 3DS. The map in this style of game is one of the very few legitimate uses for the second screen, and 2.5D is one of the better showcases for 3D. Now, if the other option were the fan made game on the Switch, I would probably take that all back, but for this specific version of this game, the platform choice works. Thankfully the combination of the small character models and the screen size cover up a lot of the platform weaknesses, though it is interesting to me that MercurySteam chose to essentially highlight them during the elevator and warp sequences. I also find it humorous that a remake of a two-button game needs six buttons and combinations thereof, but that's where we are in 2017.

That's it at the moment. I've been too busy with work and my daughter's soccer to get into anything meaty and not portable, which is frustrating. Hopefully that changes soon, because the autumnal deluge is almost upon us.

2. I've been putting time into Samus Returns. I absolutely adore it(even the new counter). Gonna play AM2R after I finish Returns to compare.

Heroes of the Storm always and forever. I have all the characters I want and a surplus of gold so I can concentrate on learning some of the characters better. I never tire of this game.

Player Unknown's Battlegrounds Still trying off and on to get that Chicken Dinner in solo. I've got 2nd place a few times. It's fucking maddening.

Fightmans whenever Pineapple or Kedawa is on. Just got a new pad solution so late night fightmans won't wake up the missus.

3. Oh! I was wondering who that was.
    I have a HORI Fighting Commander for similar reasons.

4. Mrs. Changeling does so hate to be woken by men and their sticks.

5. Because he is the master of his domain.

20XX, so good.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Deadrising 4.

This almost feels like a step backward from 3. It mixes elements from 1, 2 and 3 and I'm not sure if the final result is better. It is fun though. But I'm glad I did not buy a system for this.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Mrs. Changeling does so hate to be woken by men and their sticks.
    Not always

I changed from the Hori pad back to the SF X Tekken PS3 pad because I can't churn that T-Hawk and Zangief butter with the Hori. The Hori is a good solution for everything except that.

and I beat deadrising 4.

Alright game. Felt kind of by the numbers. Story was nothing great.

We Are Doomed is one of the "free" PS4 games this month, and it's only 30MB in size so I figured it wouldn't hurt to at least give it a whirl. It's a very barebones game, but the cardinal sin I find is that the player's movement has some kind of momentum behind it which is not consistently applied and feels like it reacts in different ways to what you shoot. There's been a few times where I'd stop movement and the ship would casually sail to the edge of the border without any further input on my behalf. There's been other times where I swear that I have had some kind of invisible force bounce me into enemies. I subsequently looked over some reviews to see what the reception of the game was, and I didn't find a single mention of this control issue. I can't imagine that I'm the only person who has noticed something like this.

While the game has that fundamental flaw and is generally aggravating and I shouldn't play it anymore than I have, the speed at which everything loads and reloads combined with the randomized nature of it means that I probably have already played this longer than Nex Machina. I'm not particularly pleased to make this realization.