Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 81820212223242636 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    FFVIII is only worth playing through the end of disc 1.
    delet this

2. I was thinking about turning on cheats, cranking up the fast forward, and ripping through FFVIII again but then I remembered that our time here is short and precious.

3. I tell myself that and then I find myself playing through ffvi and vii for the millionth time

I still remember being pissed off at a somehow two hour long final battle in FFVIII, and then dying. I don't think it's worth replaying for me. There aren't many JRPGs I would play through again. Maybe: Panzer Dragoon Saga, Chrono Trigger, Suikoden 2, Phantasy Star I and IV, Final Fantasy VI, VII, and XII. I tried replaying The 7th Saga this year but lost interest about halfway through. I love Xenogears but I think twice was enough.

5. Yeah, but VI is actually a good game.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. I watched a bit of Coury playing Odin Sphere last night so I started playing it today. I don’t hate it, but I don’t see what all these dumb systems add to the game. Planting, photonizing, and eating food to gain experience just seems like busywork. I get that since everything is tied together the player is forced to choose between leveling up, augmenting skills, and creating potions, but it feels like they were just trying to fix something that wasnt broke in the first place. Also wish the levels were more than a few enemies long, but I’m only an hour or so into it so maybe later on they are? Sure is pretty though!

7. VI is one of my favorites. I love all of the Final Fantasy games I have played. I’m young so I don’t get all the VIII hate honestly. Also I’m partial to it because it was released the year I was born.

Odin Sphere is awesome. Are you playing the ps2 version or one of the newer releases?

8. PS4.
    Was always interested in the graphics of the PS2 version, but it seemed (based on other people’s impressions) to be more obnoxious than this one.

9. No, you're right. It's junk. Streets of Rage wouldn't be a better game if you had to craft meats.

Muramasa is a better game for having less of that stuff and Dragon's Crown a much better one for having less still.

10. I have both, but can’t bring myself to beat the ps2 version honestly. It’s... good but you need to be dedicated to beat it. The ps4 and vita versions are definitely the best way to experience it.