Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

1. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I could never bring myself to play it because I was put off by the fact that the time limit can make the game unbeatable if you fuck up too much early on.
    It's true, but it's very easy to get around if you are aware of it (which you are!). I'll try not to go into tons of detail, I think every level but 1 was less than 5 minutes to beat. You can always just restart from the menu if you feel like you died too much in a level (the password they give you is from the first time you start). I started over (because I moved from the classic to my 3ds so I could take it with me traveling) and it was just fun blazing through the levels again. Honestly there's more pressure to get that perfect run than worrying about finishing.

The game has a leaderboard for time. It's meant to be played through multiple times like an arcade game. It's max is 120 minutes, it's short!

I'll admit the gameplay isn't for everyone, but if it's only the timer you're worried about, I hope you give it a shot. Not to mention that any emulator these days can completely remove this factor with save states. If you do use states though I'd recommend just do it at the beginning of each level. Part of the thrill is the final run where you get through perfectly like a boss. Great feeling.
    Last edited by Darmonde; 29 Nov 2017 at 12:50 PM.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

2. I致e been playing The Phantom Pain.. honestly I知 really bad at it. I知 good at mgs2, kinda bad at 3, but I just can稚 stealth right in 5. I like the game, but I知 suffering rn

It's the MGS game that requires the least amount of stealth, once you gain some more abilities anyway.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Mass Effect Andromeda: Decided to play on Hard difficulty, otherwise the game is too easy with psychic abilities. I am really enjoying it as the premise is very different from the original trilogy. The main bad guys aren't very scary though and the equipment/upgrade seems to be needlessly complicated.

Have you ran into a Destroyer yet?

I played a couple of hours tonight, and ran into two bad ass Robots at the Monoliths. I emptied my clip, did a couple of Biotic explosive shots and literally just scratched the paint on the Destroyer..

5. Not yet, just landed on the 2nd planet.

6. This might sound bad, but I知 probably having trouble because of how many options I have now and how big the areas are. I知 not used to big open places in stealth games.

Is guns blazing more viable this time? It seems odd to ask xD killing has always been something I hate doing in these games

It's still best to be stealthy but once you're able to bomb enemies from the sky, you can eliminate some outdoor enemies without having to sneak up.

Still playing Color Splash and I'm surprised by how much game there seems to be here. I can definitely understand the complaint that there are too many Toads and not enough original characters, but I'm having tons of fun with it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Headphone Actor View Post
    This might sound bad, but I’m probably having trouble because of how many options I have now and how big the areas are. I’m not used to big open places in stealth games.

Is guns blazing more viable this time? It seems odd to ask xD killing has always been something I hate doing in these games
    Sounds like part of your issue is that you think they can see very far. These guards all still have cone vision and short sighted but they just aren't shown like the old games.

10. In my experience they could see very far horizontally, especially in the daytime. The vertical awareness was bad so that is useful when you have the option. There are just a lot of guards and the patrols don't leave a lot of gaps. With so much open space and so many guards, you spend a lot of time just sitting somewhere looking around trying to make sure you've marked everyone, then you take 5 steps in and there are 4 guards you hadn't seen. I can't think of a single mission that was better in the day. They had better eyesight while I found it harder to spot guards than at night.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner