Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 122224252627283040 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

1. I was playing the PSP remake of FF1 a while back, but I haven't been traveling much lately.

Still playing the division. One of you needs to get it so we can shoot bandits together.

It turns out the game is not a perfect copy of nyc. It omits and mixes streets.

I did get a feeling of deja vu tonight as I crossed the road right before the hotel I was in last time I was there. Sadly, the actual hotel and its street is gone.

3. I have it, but i'm at the endgame.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. After getting stuck early on in Breath of the Wild and putting it down for a while, I came back to it and finished up the four trials to get my glider and get started on the adventure proper. I spent way too long trying to figure out how to make the mystery recipe that would keep me warm in the snowy areas, then realized I had 9 peppers in my inventory just waiting to be combined with FUCKING ANYTHING. Immediately increased the stamina gauge because health doesn't seem to matter so far unless I'm falling off a cliff I THOUGHT I had enough stamina to climb. Found 2 random Kokoro thingies, which means I have to find all the rest now. Looking forward to the rest of this thing, it's starting off better than any Zelda title I've played in a long while.

Also got inspired to play Bloodborne again by icarus taking it to town. Realized I never finished the DLC the first time around! Actually never even fought a single DLC boss... what the FUCK happened there?!? Was thinking of trying a new loadout from what I did before, but then I remembered the Saw Blade is the best until you find the broad sword thing (Ludwig's Holy Blade?), so I guess it's going to be fairly similar to my first run. Using the dodge a lot less and parrying a lot more is working great, I'm not sure if they changed the window for parries but I maybe missed two in the first 4 hours. Stomping though and trying to remember where everything leads, Amelia is down and theres a bad moon on the rise. I fucking love this game.

Is Coury streaming? What's his account?

6. mylifeingaming?

7. Picked up Pillars of Eternity (PS4) and playing that now. It is tough as shit and reminds me of the old isometric RPGs of old (Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate).

8. I started Yakuza 0. I think it might be too talky for me. I just want to beat goodness into people.

Also started DQVIII DS where I never want them to stop talking. I haven't played this since finishing the original twice within about a few months of release. The only traditional RPGs I've ever finished more than once are DQ games, Chrono Trigger (basically a DQ game: Yuji Horii and Akira Toriyama), and Final Fantasy III, IV, V, and IX. I'm now realizing three of those, III, V, and IX, are the DQiest FFs both mechanically and tonally.

I swear I felt my blood pressure drop several points when I heard, "Oi, gov." I smiled through the entire (perfectly paced, perfectly shot) intro and credits sequence, which was especially effective after hours of totally static Yakuza cinematics, comprised entirely of exchanging frozen facial close-ups. I got that feeling you get when anesthesia hits. Just instant relief and comfort--an actual bodily response (I've had a stressful week).

The absence of a 3D mode just makes me wish this were on Vita. This is the first time I've ever felt cheated by the 3DS's resolution--these models are losing so much detail. But at the same time, playing DQ on DS hardware just feels like the way it's supposed to be done.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 16 Dec 2017 at 01:05 PM.

I haven't played VIII yet, still debating on if I want to play the portable or the PS2 version.

10. I would say the PS2 is best for your first time and 3DS for replays (added content and expediency). You should experience the orchestral soundtrack and these models in their full glory.

Also, that I can't use the analog stick for menus in the 3ds version is driving me bonk's adventure.