Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm on mouse man right meow and hating it. Gotdamn skeletons either hit me when I try to jump and hit them or stay just out of range and turn on a dime thus hitting me when I try to anticipate where they'll be next. Will try boomerangs though!
    The boomerangs make them much easier, as you can hit them before you are close enough to make them jump. Two boomerangs will kill them iirc.

2. After the mention of boomerangs, it took an hour and a half for me to finally get one. Everything else but them were getting dropped.
    Just took out Shinobi Dragon. Lion Dude is where it's at! Now I'm bird dude.

3. I've been firing up my ps2 so I can play some Megaman X 8. I'm at Sigma's Palace. I dislike the controls in 8. They don't feel very tight. Maybe it's my controller though. I'm using a crappy third party controller.

This is making me wanna go back and play the older X games again. Really feeling like playing X 6. I love that game.

4. Started Wolfenstein 2. Pretty great so far, really fucked up, but great!
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

5. Quote Originally Posted by Headphone Actor View Post
    I've been firing up my ps2 so I can play some Megaman X 8. I'm at Sigma's Palace. I dislike the controls in 8. They don't feel very tight. Maybe it's my controller though. I'm using a crappy third party controller.

This is making me wanna go back and play the older X games again. Really feeling like playing X 6. I love that game.
    I played a little bit of X4 on my Saturn when I was troubleshooting my CD drive last week. I've also been playing Manx TT on the Saturn.

I've nevet heard anyone say thry love X6. Is that the one with the preacher bot?

I know I played through it exactly once when it came out.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I've nevet heard anyone say thry love X6. Is that the one with the preacher bot?

I know I played through it exactly once when it came out.
    If you're talking about Isac, the old man like Reploid. Yeah, he's like a preacher.
    I don't like it's story, but I like the gameplay a lot. The stages are really fun and the game has all of my favorite armors. (Black Zero, Shinobi armor, Blade Armor, Ultimate Armor, and Falcon Armor)

Are there any differences between ps1 X4 and Saturn X4 gamevet?

There are some slight differences due to the hardware, and the Saturn version is generally considered superior, but there's little real difference. The FMV in the PS1 version is a little better, Saturn has some transparencies that the PS1 doesn't have. Really, grab whichever is convenient.

9. I have X Collection on gamecube but I've been thinking about getting 4 and 5 on the actual ps1 because I need more ps1 games. I only have megaman legends, x6, dino crisis, final fantasy vii, and final fantasy viii for ps1. I recently started getting games for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    There are some slight differences due to the hardware, and the Saturn version is generally considered superior, but there's little real difference. The FMV in the PS1 version is a little better, Saturn has some transparencies that the PS1 doesn't have. Really, grab whichever is convenient.
    I would expect the FMV to be better on PS but I'm surprised at the Saturn having transparencies the PS version didn't. Are you sure? I'd expect crappy dithering effects on the Saturn.