Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

1. Waaaay more personality than Last Blade, and I'd argue more fun to actually play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I'm playing Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze again. I forgot how amazing the soundtrack is. It's a great game but it bugs me that's slightly more weighty and hard to control compared to earlier games in the series.

I quickly replayed Super Mario Land 2. It holds up as something worth playing but being Kirby-level easy brings this one down for me.

3. Breath of the Wild - Still haven't finished the main quest, too much fun messing around in the open world all these months. Going to be even more behind on the game when Odyssey releases this week.

Dragon Quest VII 3DS - Finally going to beat this, have about 15 hours left. I've really enjoyed the game but it's too long and requires an insane amount of time commitment. I'm ready for the game to be done so I can move on to DQ 8.

Samus Returns -Really impressed with it so far, gameplay, atmosphere and level design are tight. Music is a bit too sedate and kind of dull sometimes though.

Dangun Feveron PS4 - Easy to get into, fun power up variety and great music. Yes it's apprx $39.99, just make a Jpn PS4 account and give M2 your money.

Kero Blaster PS4 -Really enjoying this, great run and gun compliment to Cave Story.

Secret of Mana SNES Classic - First time, love it so far, glad to be finally playing it. Dig the timed attack system and the soundtrack is so good.
    Last edited by Metal Slime; 23 Oct 2017 at 01:21 AM.

I was gonna pop in Fire Emblem Warriors last night, then I took a look at the character list and realized I really didn't know who most of the people were since I hadn't played the 3ds games. So I popped in FE Awakenings instead.

I've already put in 12 hours into the game, what an I doing?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Metal Slime View Post
    Kero Blaster PS4 -Really enjoying this, great run and gun compliment to Cave Story.
    Whoops didn't know this was a thing, gonna have to buy that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Also hooked up my supergun and Storm of Progear CPS2.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Whoops didn't know this was a thing, gonna have to buy that.
    Yeah, playing it with a Dualshock on a TV is the way to go, glad I held off on the mobile version.

7. On Friday I finally started playing Stick of Truth. I'm now about halfway through the 3rd day so close to the end. I have to say I fucking love this game, my only complaint being how short it is.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I quickly replayed Super Mario Land 2. It holds up as something worth playing but being Kirby-level easy brings this one down for me.
    It's floaty and weird and the music isn't even half as good as SML's. I still like it but I think it's well overrated.

Prince of Persia: The Fallen King (DS) - I was excited to learn that it continued the story from PoP 2008, which I loved. Then I realized it was all stylus controls. What a fucking mistake. It looks like utter shit and takes all the fun away from traversal by making it a tapping mini game. Spoilers, the story doesn't even go anywhere and the Prince is pretty much back at square one in the end. Avoid.

Prince of Persia (Sega CD) - Had to cleanse my palate. This is my jams. It's based off the Mac turban, pointy shoes version but goes beyond the static intro scenes of the Turbo CD version with anime cutscenes and awful voice acting. I'm doing the Italian chef thing where I kiss my fingers and open my hand. Muah. Choice cut.

9. I've been playing some import GBA games. I got a Japanese copy of Megaman Zero 3 that I've played through already. I'm playing Custom Robo GX currently. I'm in the post game.

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Best Neo Geo game.
    Neo Turf Masters came out months ago