Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

1. The Saturn version had more of a museum mode IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Well, since I've got my ps2 hooked up, I decided to play some SoulCalibur III. I've been playing it every once in a while. I still don't have everything because I haven't gotten enough money and finished CotS yet. I took it out and started playing Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. I got it last year, but I haven't played much of it. The original is one of my favorite super famicom games. I'm ready to leave Peterny but the enemies in the desert are wrecking me. So I'm doing some inventing right now, hoping I can get better stuff and more money.
    Last edited by Headphone Actor; 29 Oct 2017 at 11:28 AM. Reason: I can't spell simple words like the

Still playing through Guadia Quest. This is much longer than I thought! I just beat the tower but apparently there are 2 parts to both these dungeons. Looking forward to Haggleman 3. I might try to finish up the translated GCCX 2 after.

4. Hooked up the Guncon with the PS1 I got yesterday. Enjoying Time Crisis and Elemental Gearbolt quite a bit.

Started playing Shin Megami Tensei IV again and am locked. While Strange Journey is still my favorite, the quality of life improvements here cant be denied. Killer soundtrack!

SMT is so good.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    Started playing Shin Megami Tensei IV again and am locked. While Strange Journey is still my favorite, the quality of life improvements here cant be denied. Killer soundtrack!

SMT is so good.
    I did as well. Newgame plus, going for chaos route. Almost there. How far are you right now?

I haven't played Strange Journey. I've only played Devil Survivor Overclocked, Devil Survivor 2, Nocturne, and Devil Summoner: Raidou 1. I played SMT 1 for a bit, but I couldn't get too far due to the language barrier at the time.

Just took down Pellaidh and am seeking the Counter Demon Force base. That, and the Black Samurai imply connection to Strange Journey. This is my first time through the game, even though it's what I bought the 3ds for when it came out. Got Apocalypse waiting when I get through.

Strange Journey was basically SMT 4 in all but name, and I like the tone and challenge of it best. I have 96 hours in it. There is a 3DS remake of it coming early next year. Nocturne is aesthetically the best, imo, but also features a lot of relics from console games of the time and is a massive timesink. The first 2 have a really cool sacrelegious and evil vibe, but are very rough even by the standards of their time. IV is the best paced by far.

8. Honestly, IV Apocalypse is the better version of IV and I would recommend playing that one instead.

But neither is as great as Strange Journey.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Would you say nothing is lost by skipping IV and going straight for Apocalypse though?

10. Yeah, they're pretty stand alone. Few small references here and there but nothing of import.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.