Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2131333435363739 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

1. F.E.A.R. 2 Reborn (PC) - The DLC missions where you're playing as a Replica, Foxtrot-813. It starts with some more Powered Armor combat against Armacham forces. A bit later, you're possessed by Fettel & going rogue against your Replica allies.
    Tokyo Xanadu eX+ (PS4) - Graphics are definitely improved enough over the Vita version, and the side-story content with White Shroud is good.

QTE abuse needs to stop. In Time Crisis 5, the "Move Event" QTE (wait 3 seconds, press left or right pedal to avoid damage) breaks the flow of the action. The game would have been even better with another shooting scene instead of each of the QTEs. I'm thinking "Yawn, Zzzz...Boooo-ring, let's get back to the shooting" when one of them comes up.

2. Got Ys VIII and Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth for Christmas, so I’ve been playing them. I like em.

3. Kero Blaster is a delight! If you wanted more Cave Story, here ya go. On sale on PSN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. Finally gave Danger Zone a shot, and it really does feel exactly like Burnout 3 Crash Mode Redux 2017. I wish there was a little more vehicle destruction in terms of how much you can mangle each car, but the thrill of multiple CrashBreakers and collecting the bonuses feels so damn good. Seems a little short, I finished off the first section of 8 tracks (theres 4 of them) in about 45 minutes, but it's not like they're not fun to go back to for higher scores. Kind of sad there's only like 12 achievements, grabbed 7 on the first go.

Also grabbed and started Prey. Inadvertently killed myself by jumping onto the intro helicopter while exploring and was delighted to find that was an achievement! Then the game really started to show it's ambiance, and now I feel very uncomfortable playing it! The sound design is excellent, and seriously had me feeling dread as I was playing it at 3am with headphones on. Game crashed as I was still trying to get out of the initial area after the testing, and I figured that was good enough for the night since I'd already had a good nervous scare twice. Very intrigued to get back into it, the game feels incredibly well done in all aspects.

5. Prey is GOTY (with Nex Machina) to me. I also need to get back to Danger Zone, but it does suck that it’s so short,

6. I need to give PREY a try.

I've been in Florida since Friday. I brought the PSP along for the ride.

I've played a little bit of Ultimate Ghosts N' Goblins on PSP along with Joust and 720 on midways Arcade Treasures

7. Gave Hellblade a shot today. It doesn't seem to support controllers (why the fuck not?!) but the controller still vibrates when shit happens so that's weird. Game is unnerving for sure, and absolutely gorgeous. The combat feels good when it's one on one, but I died quickly when a second guy came in FROM COMPLETELY OFFSCREEN and attacked me while I was hitting a different guy. I'm really not proficient with mkb controls for most games, and this one seems particularly jarring for what it is. I definitely want to see where the rest of the game goes, but I'm not exactly thrilled about getting into combat with multiple dudes again. I usually get hit by the first attack of every encounter as I press Run instead of Block, which are right next to each other and I'm running way more than blocking. Still, that ambiance feels oppressive and sad throughout, and the voices talking to you constantly really drives the psychosis point home. Very intriguing game.

8. I started Hellblade a couple weeks ago. The atmosphere is cool, but it starts out pretty boring. Not sure if it gets better.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Gave Hellblade a shot today. It doesn't seem to support controllers (why the fuck not?!) but the controller still vibrates when shit happens so that's weird. Game is unnerving for sure, and absolutely gorgeous. The combat feels good when it's one on one, but I died quickly when a second guy came in FROM COMPLETELY OFFSCREEN and attacked me while I was hitting a different guy. I'm really not proficient with mkb controls for most games, and this one seems particularly jarring for what it is. I definitely want to see where the rest of the game goes, but I'm not exactly thrilled about getting into combat with multiple dudes again. I usually get hit by the first attack of every encounter as I press Run instead of Block, which are right next to each other and I'm running way more than blocking. Still, that ambiance feels oppressive and sad throughout, and the voices talking to you constantly really drives the psychosis point home. Very intriguing game.
    Make sure to listen to it with headphones. It's a huge, HUGE part of the experience.

Great game.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. Definitely gets better as it goes, although not faster, she still slugs around everywhere even when running. Sleeve you're right it really makes a difference, I died twice more to the original two person mob before I realized the audio cue of the OFFSCREEN ENEMY attacking. After you get that, though, parrying an unseen attack is actually pretty easy and the combat has since opened up even more. Defeated Surtr and Valravn after figuring out the focus driven puzzles, which I actually enjoy now that I understand what the game is asking of me.