Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2434363738394042 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

1. Axiom Verge (Switch) - I beat the first boss, and I like what I am playing. So far, it goods and feels like a very competent Metroid clone.

Mario Kart 8 (Switch) - Finished 50cc, but the 100cc is starting to drive me nuts with last second loss.

Super Bomberman R (Switch) - Single player is dumb but want to just get it over with. Multiplayer is good, I like the Grand Prix mode quite a bit but wish there are more/better maps. They need to put out SBM1/2 maps asap.

Batman Arkham Knight (PS4) - It is pretty awesome.

I'm actually playing through Telltale Batman on the Switch (not what I would have chosen but it was a gift.)

I'm actually surprised how much I like it. I was super underwhelmed by old Telltale games like BttF and had written them off but this is a much better product. Still limited in some ways but I like what they've done with it. They really put your feet to the fire with some of these choices. I can't imagine them being too impactful without resulting in a drastically different story (which I'm pretty sure doesn't happen) but it did make me feel bad for Batman a few times. I also like that it's an original story.

Better than what I expected by a decent amount.

3. I think it's well made, but not for me. I played it through to the end, they do make a lot of interesting choices with it that aren't handcuffed to one 'canon' or another, which I can appreciate.

The detective link sequences are very bad, but the trope of them is fun to watch. 'Ah! I know what happened!'
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I'm not really sure, ssjn. The emulation feels perfect, and even looks better than the real hardware. But I can't deny the cars seem to handle a little better on the real system. It could just be the controller, or the tiny amount of display lag my tv introduces. Or maybe the fact that on my CRT I am sitting very close like an arcade machine.
    The more I play it, the more I think it's just the controller. On the GPD I'm either using its tiny dpad or a 8bitdo controller connected by USB. I was trying to pay attention to what exactly my thumbs were doing last night when playing it on the PS2 with a Dualshock 2 and I do a lot more momentary "tap tap tap" when I'm turning, while with the other controllers I hold the direction longer before releasing. I'm not sure why, the dpad on the 8bitdo is way better than the dualshock. I guess it's muscle memory since I've been playing Ridge Racer on a Playstation pad for years now. I'm gonna see if I can get a PS3 controller to work with the GPD to see if I do any better.

5. Ghost Blade (PS4): Fun little DoDonPachi knockoff. Saw bbobb playing this one day so I decided to give it a shot. Decent music, serviceable graphics, good for a game or two in between other stuff.

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4): Can't believe it's taken me this long to try this. The graphics show their age a bit, but it's a joy to play otherwise. Balthier is such a damn pimp.

Xenoblade Chronicles (3DS): Haven't touched this in over a year and now I can barely remember how to play this. The interface is really simple but the difficulty spikes are pretty nasty. I got savaged by a pack of wolves in some meadow almost immediately!
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

6. Finished that RE2 run, things were going fine, went through each area quickly, skipped all cutscenes (gamecube), and only had 3 saves but I got 2 hours and 7 minutes. Can’t tell where I went wrong. :/

7. Playing the Super Famicom remake of Dragon Quest on the mini. I think this is the only version I've never played before. Seems very similar to the GBC remake while looking a lot better. The save state system is saving a lot of time running back and forth from the castle to save. I'm at 5 hours in and there's probably another 2 left at most. It's kind of refreshing to play such a simple jrpg. And I'm playing without sound on a monitor while I watch shitty TV to the side.

Up next is DQ2. Then I need to find a translated ROM of DQ3 that'll run on the mini.

SFC Dragon Quest is easy mode, but it makes it much more enjoyable for casual play. I really like it.

9. Dropping an average of 15 hours a weekend into BotW, really can't get over how good this game is. I'm one Guardian short of all of them done, just found the Master Sword but I'm a little short on health to pull it out yet, unlocked the full map finally. I know there aren't achievements for it but I really feel like going for 100% with this game, it's just really fun to explore. Possibly the first Nintendo game I'll buy extra content for, despite really wanting to try Ryu/Cloud/Bayonetta in Smash. I need to find a way to get into the volcano area without being immediately set on fire, none of the potions I've made thus far stop it and I don't have any heat resistant armor yet.

10. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    SFC Dragon Quest is easy mode, but it makes it much more enjoyable for casual play. I really like it.
    Yeah, it was more like 45 more minutes not 2 hours. Took out the Dragon Lord on my first try and never even used the firebane/hurtmore spell. This'll probably be my go-to version of the game every half dozen years or so when I get the itch to play it.