Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

1. Most people I know that weren't already into JRPGs dropped it as soon as they got to the overworld, which I remember being about 6 hours in.

That isn't the wrong decision. The city was a much stronger experience than the rest of the game.

3. Finished the Valkyrie path in Odin Sphere. I had no idea you played as different characters. To be honest, the game could have ended and I’d have been perfectly happy with the 7 or so hours I played it. Now I’ve learned there are several more paths to go and most people spend 30-40 hours on beating it.
    Ugh.

4. But you could have several different slightly varying experiences!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. x,x,x,o,x, up+o,x, etc.
    woo~

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    x,x,x,o,x, up+o,x, etc.
    That’s video games alright.

7. ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Headphone Actor View Post
    VI is one of my favorites. I love all of the Final Fantasy games I have played. I’m young so I don’t get all the VIII hate honestly. Also I’m partial to it because it was released the year I was born.
    Which ones have you played? I'm especially curious as to your feelings on the first one.
    I didn't like 8 because of the gameplay and I hated the story and characters. But I also realize now that maybe I had just aged out of Final Fantasy by then, as 9 was objectively great to me but I couldn't get into it at all either, nor 5 later. My favorites were 4 and 6, but now I only really love playing the first and 4 to a lesser degree.

Have you played any western rpgs that you liked?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    Which ones have you played? I'm especially curious as to your feelings on the first one.
    I didn't like 8 because of the gameplay and I hated the story and characters. But I also realize now that maybe I had just aged out of Final Fantasy by then, as 9 was objectively great to me but I couldn't get into it at all either, nor 5 later. My favorites were 4 and 6, but now I only really love playing the first and 4 to a lesser degree.

Have you played any western rpgs that you liked?
    I’ve played quite a bit of the first, the beginning of II, III on famicom and ds, iv (haven’t beaten), want v but not sire which release to get, vi, vii, viii, x, xii, xiv, and xv.

I think the original is a great game, but I prefer Dawn of Souls one and two over the famicom releases because of the differences and new content. I need to beat them but I’ve been working on other games. But one was a great start to the series nonetheless.

Does Wizardry count? I know some of them were developed in Japan but they are all very western. I’m interested in getting Shadow of War. I do like western rpgs, but I haven’t played too many.

Original NES FF1 is kinda hard to play now but the remakes are still fun.