Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 132325262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

1. Characters didn't emote like this in 2004. Games didn't emote like this in 2004. Other Outside of Arc Systems, they still don't. It's a miracle game.

Did you play the snes dqs?

Tried Bound since it was free at some point.

It sucks pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I'm probably the only person here who played 6 on SNES. I had 5 for it too but never made time to play it (same as 3, as a matter of fact (to think that I bought that from a second hand store complete with box for like $15 or something)). I have 5 PS2 and maybe in some other timeline I'll be able to play it.
    Anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Characters didn't emote like this in 2004. Games didn't emote like this in 2004.
    I can appreciate that you're enjoying the game, but really now.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Tried Bound since it was free at some point.

It sucks pretty bad.
    Guessing you played the VR mode? The constant camera repositioning is terrible, yeah.

The non-VR mode doesn't have that, it's an auto-camera that follows along with your character well. It's still not a great game or anything, but it's much better that way.

6. Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    I can appreciate that you're enjoying the game, but really now.
    The screenshot would have worked better as a video; it was the whacky mouth movements that made it.

Compare the variety of facial expressions of the models themselves and amount of camera angles and distances to Persona 3. Or 4. Or even 5.

https://youtu.be/rd2AoXEVbxM

That part where King Trode smiles at the shopkeep though...

That this came out in 2004 is insane.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 17 Dec 2017 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Guessing you played the VR mode? The constant camera repositioning is terrible, yeah.

The non-VR mode doesn't have that, it's an auto-camera that follows along with your character well. It's still not a great game or anything, but it's much better that way.
    You'd be right! I switched to the flat mode and the game was still a boring and pretentious slog.

I wish they weren't so mindful of motion sickness. I can take it, bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    I'm probably the only person here who played 6 on SNES.
    I have played the translated rom. I'm not that into Dragon Quest games, though.

Currently, I'm playing Broforce. This is better than I thought it would be. I love having strategic environment destruction in a run 'n gun.

9. I started Hexen II again. The Hexen games had the problem of poorly communicating to the player what they are to do next. I’m still charging through though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I love these so much. I still need to play though VI.