Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2333353637383941 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Autumn, 2017)?

Ridge Racer (PS1)

I started casually playing this on my GPD to test the Playstation emulator, but got determined to get good at it again and try to (finally) beat everything in the game. I got through the normal courses easily enough, got stuck on the Medium Extra course and played for hours and hours never getting better than second place. Finally I dug out the game disc, popped it into the PS2 and played it from there to beat it. This game is no joke, hopefully the hard track won't prove to be impossible.

2. Are you playing the original version, or the 60fps version?

3. What do you think was hampering you on the gpd? Dropped frames or something?

4. Resident Evil 2 and Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean. In RE2 I知 in Claire A aiming to beat my fastest time (1 hour and 5 minutes)

I'm playing the original release.

I'm not really sure, ssjn. The emulation feels perfect, and even looks better than the real hardware. But I can't deny the cars seem to handle a little better on the real system. It could just be the controller, or the tiny amount of display lag my tv introduces. Or maybe the fact that on my CRT I am sitting very close like an arcade machine.

6. I知 playing Mario World on the Classic and it feels a bit off to me. I値l gladly admit it痴 my weakened skills if that痴 the case, but I知 having a lot of trouble with precise movements. Even something as simple as riding yoshi while wearing a cape. I値l be under a single block, jump up and try to land on the block but either move too much to the opposite side so I jump completely past it, or not move enough and land back where I originally jumped from. Annoying as heck!

That sounds like display lag. Mario World is one of those games that I can immediately tell if there's lag or not. Most SNES games don't matter a whole lot but SMW just feels weird.

8. Playing Telltale Batman and A Wolf Among Us, as one is free and the other is very inexpensive. I don't care for 'em, they're the slowest radio shows ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. The biggest failure of these games, aside from their clunkiness, is that the characters seem to just do whatever the plot needs them to do instead of what you tell them to do with your choices. A neutral response will trip into angry dialog and you're stuck just watching it play out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I'm okay with that sometimes if the story is interesting. I haven't played a Telltale game since Sam and Max though.