Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 689101112 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul 2017: Scary game month edition.

1. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    My favorite part of this is that the guy redirecting gamevet's local patronage to online retailers has the most to lose by people taking their business online...
    Exactly!

I'm all about supporting the local retailers, unless they are douchbags.

2. That battle is already lost.
    You can look at it this way- by purchasing from Amazon he’d save money AND hurt the the original corporation to put all the small businesses out to pasture.
    Or you can come up with a bunch of lame reasons why you won’t- when all that needs to be said is I’ll spend my money how and where I wish thanks.

I just find it hilarious that he’s often posting about price points and saving money when he rarely takes advantage of the best options for either.

p.s. MEA has been in that that price range at Amazon for weeks now, which is why I knew about it and how I know it’s physical since I ordered a few for the store.

3. I made it pretty clear that the game hitting $20 was the price I was willing to spend on ME: Andromeda. It had nothing to do with any sort of bragging that I got the game at the best price.

When it comes to PC parts, MicroCenter completely shits on anything New Egg, Amazon or any other online retailer has put out there. When it comes to high price tag items, that is when I'll pick through all of the online and local retailers to find the best deal. I'd much rather put in the homework to save $100s over doing so to save $10. My current PC has an i7-4790k paired with the top Z87 board Asus had, the Asus Z87 WS. The board retailed for $325, but I got an open box board from MicroCenter for less than $90, and it still has the warranty from Asus. Combined with the i7 for $279, that build was cheaper than what you can build a current Ryzen 1700 for, and it's a better gaming rig than the Ryzen 1700. My 860 Watt Corsair AX860 was a refurbished PSU that was on sale at MicroCenter for @$100, while buying that new would be nearly $200. I'll gladly support MicroCenter over any online retailer, because MC is the best place to get PC parts.
    Last edited by gamevet; 23 Oct 2017 at 11:56 PM.

4. Yes, but you overpaid for a shitty game which negates any savings you may have had elsewhere
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Yes, but you overpaid for a shitty game which negates any savings you may have had elsewhere
    No!

It's a shitty game for the Mass Effect series, but a somewhat decent game compared to the ton of crap that has come out this generation. I'll find out soon enough, if the $20 I'd paid was a waste of cash.

It isn't even remotely close to being compared to the amount of savings I got with a 1440p G-Sync monitor for PC. A single game experience isn't anywhere near the experience of a PC gaming monitor, that completely changes everything about the how multiple games feel and look across the board.
    Last edited by gamevet; 24 Oct 2017 at 01:41 AM.

6. HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS STOP
    Boo, Hiss.

7. Andromeda plays fine. I put in several hours to the demo, it feels like a next gen ME game. I don't understand the hate.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I just find it hilarious that he’s often posting about price points and saving money when he rarely takes advantage of the best options for either.
    +1

The easy solution here is to just stop saying what you paid. We don't actually care, we're just spoofing on you because you seem to care what you pay enough to always mention it, but paradoxically not care enough to compare prices for a second.

9. On-topic: Found the first 3 Volumes of IDW's Torpedo reprints at a used bookstore.

10. I bought a few more TMNT IDW trades from Comixology on sale. This comic is so much better than it has any right to be!