Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul 2017: Scary game month edition.

1. The Saturn and Genesis look phenominal (except for the dithering) in component. Darius Gaiden is like sex for my eyes compared to when I was running it on composite.

2. Dithering is exactly what I was talking about.

3. Yeah, it bothers me when I'm playing Daytona. The 2D games though, like Galactic Attack, Darius Gaiden and Vampire Savior looked amazing on my HD-CRT.

The one that really bothers me is playing my Dreamcast using the VGA box on an LCD. It's looks really blurry. It looked better on my HD-CRT using S-Video.

4. Was the LCD a computer monitor? I've read of some TVs that had VGA that may as well not have since anything hooked in through it looked like ass.
    Then there's stuff like the 360, which I thought looked like ass via VGA no matter what it was hooked up to.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Was the LCD a computer monitor? I've read of some TVs that had VGA that may as well not have since anything hooked in through it looked like ass.
    Then there's stuff like the 360, which I thought looked like ass via VGA no matter what it was hooked up to.
    It was the 24" LCD I just replaced with my new 27" (1440p) Dell G-Sync monitor for my desktop. The new monitor doesn't have VGA, so any ideas of connecting my Dreamcast to it are slim to none.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 07 Oct 2017 at 04:03 PM.

6. A bunch of boards, amps, resistors, and capacitors so I can RGB mod Snes minis and such.
    What have I gotten myself into?!

You building amps by hand?

8. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    It's not really cool in the collector community, but I really prefer late model consumer TVs to pvms. You don't get the OMGRGB nerd factor, but component video is close enough. Geometry on pvms tends to be an issue since few people ever set theirs up correctly, and the consumer sets have some processing on the composite inputs that will make them look nice. Try your LD player on it.

Let the YouTube nerds enjoy their 13" pvms with bad geometry and burn in but OMGRGB! I'll be chilling with my $12 Wega.
    I'm going to fully agree with this. Specially those Sony and Toshiba non-hd Component in CRTs. They look amazing with component. I can't tell you how many times I've been to a convention and people are drooling over some tiny pvm through composite, with terrible geometry, BADLY needing its caps replaced, and has 500k hours on it. People are fucking stupid.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Yeah, it's stupid easy.
    http://retrorgb.com/thsamps.html
    I've done it before, but I'm lazy now and usually buy prebuilt amp boards. That's not cost effective if you're trying to make money though, the assembled boards are like $20 while components on breadboard are just a couple bucks.